• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I am looking to add a 18" fluted barrel by Keystone Sporting Arms to my 10/22. I will be putting it into a Boyd's Rimfire blaster Stock. I am curious if any of you have had any experience with Keystone barrels?

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I will definitely do a review. Will be adding a Kidd trigger, sear, and hammer sometime in the near future. Changed my mind on the stock went with the Rimfire thumbhole from Boyd's in pepper. Will post pics when I get it together.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Excuse my messy bench. Barrel came in today and will be putting a extended mag release and auto bolt stop in. Waiting on stock which should be here Tuesday! Also put a extended charging handle on today.
    juvuqy7y.jpg

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Looks like it's coming together. Was the barrel an interference fit, or did it slide in like stock Ruger barrels and some aftermarket ones? When I fit my Kidd barrel into the Kidd receiver it was extremely tight requiring some heat to the receiver and cold to the barrel along with anti seize, and I still need to rubber mallet it in. I don't think it will ever come out. As far as the micro grove rifling, my 39A has that and it shoots pretty well, but what is the common wisdom on that type of rifling on target grade barrels?

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Looks like it's coming together. Was the barrel an interference fit, or did it slide in like stock Ruger barrels and some aftermarket ones? When I fit my Kidd barrel into the Kidd receiver it was extremely tight requiring some heat to the receiver and cold to the barrel along with anti seize, and I still need to rubber mallet it in. I don't think it will ever come out. As far as the micro grove rifling, my 39A has that and it shoots pretty well, but what is the common wisdom on that type of rifling on target grade barrels?

Went in like a stock barrel! Not real sure on the common wisdom but it's seems logical that the micro grooves would not lead as bad or quickly. Other than that I'm not real sure. This is my first .22 target build.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Ok fellas got it DONE!!!
    urygevy3.jpg

6yzazu4a.jpg

myza7u2u.jpg

Started with a silver factory carbine.
    Keystone Arms 18" fluted bull barrel
    Boyd's Rimfire Thumbhole stock
    Rimfire Innovations Extended Bolt Handle
    Rimfire Innovations Pull Mag Release
    Rimfire Innovations Auto Bolt Release
    Don't Laugh Tasco Pronghorn 3x9 drives tacks
    Stock trigger with trigger job done by yours truly.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Excellent. I'm sure that will shoot well. To get the most out of it don't depend on bulk ammo. Spend a bit more for target or match grade. 2x price (so maybe $7 or $8 for 50 round box) but so much better groups. My fine rifle likes Ely Match and Club and Wolf the best, with Wolf edging out a slight bit. However, the liberal lub on the Wolf is a bit hard to deal with when loading a mag.

Again, nice job on the rifle build. Post back after your range time.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    That looks sweet. Nice job with the pics

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.
    Thank ya sir!

Excellent. I'm sure that will shoot well. To get the most out of it don't depend on bulk ammo. Spend a bit more for target or match grade. 2x price (so maybe $7 or $8 for 50 round box) but so much better groups. My fine rifle likes Ely Match and Club and Wolf the best, with Wolf edging out a slight bit. However, the liberal lub on the Wolf is a bit hard to deal with when loading a mag.

Again, nice job on the rifle build. Post back after your range time.

Yessir Ive gotta go pick up some different types of match and see what the barrel likes. Will post a range report when it happens.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Thank you! I like the silver and pepper as well. Can't wait to get it out to the range and see what it will do! I'm almost certain it's better than my ability.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom