• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Hey there. This is the first time I’ve wanted a better trigger on a new rifle. It’s never really mattered. Having said that the trigger in my 10/22 is heavy and has a hard spot in the middle. It’s like the worst two stage trigger ever lol.
    A BX-Trigger runs between $55 to $85 depending on ordering or going to pick one up. Could I get a better end result from a gunsmith in the DFW area?
    The goal is to end with a nice target rifle. Nothing crazy, just nice.
    Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    My 10-22 contains a volquartsen sear, hammer springs and titanium parts. Breaks at 2.5lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    For decades, Ruger has been leaving sooo damn much money on the table when it comes to the 10/22 tune-up game. When they came out with their BX trigger, they staked a really good claim at recapturing some of that coin. Go the route that you wish--and there are many--but know that the BX trigger is good. Damn good.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Ruger has been leaving sooo damn much money on the table for years, when it comes to the 10/22 tune-up game. When they came out with their BX-25 trigger, they staked a really good claim at recapturing some of that coin. Go the route that you wish--and there are many--but know that the BX-25 is good. Damn good.
    That’s exactly what I’m wanting to know. Thanks

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Bx trigger is good for the price. But if you want to step up go the timney or volquarstron there is a difference once you jump.up in price. But for $70ish dollars the bx ain't bad. Definitely better than stock

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Last edited:

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    What was the cost of the upgrade?

Honestly don’t know, but remember back in the mid nineties there was only volquartsen, power custom , and Timney.

I replaced extractor, firing pin, hammer, and sear. Still ended up being cheaper than the drop in Timney, and retained factory look.

I believe the springs were power custom XP Spring Kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I haven’t done any work on a 10/22. Any difficulty installing the kit?

Get the BX trigger for $50 from Grabagun. It’s literally the takedown bolt and two pins fall out. Remove old trigger housing, install new trigger housing, put the two pins back in, drop it back into the stock and install the takedown screw.

First timer? 30 mins and you’re done. Be sure to use an in-lbs torque wrench on the takedown bolt. 20 in-lbs, iirc.

Let me dig up the thread where I did this a few months ago.

ETA

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/b0bc7eafb243ea07f4174a2972f05262-jpg.160347/

Last edited:

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Get the BX trigger for $50 from Grabagun. It’s literally the takedown bolt and two pins fall out. Remove old trigger housing, install new trigger housing, put the two pins back in, drop it back into the stock and install the takedown screw.

First timer? 30 mins and you’re done. Be sure to use an in-lbs torque wrench on the takedown bolt. 20 in-lbs, iirc.

Let me dig up the thread where I did this a few months ago.

ETA

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/b0bc7eafb243ea07f4174a2972f05262-jpg.160347/
    How do like the mag release?

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Love it for what it does. It’s not necessary, but if you’re swapping the trigger assembly, you might as well do that and the auto bolt release. Adds 5 mins to the job.
    I didn’t like the idea of it at first, but I’ve never had a target rifle before. I can see where it would be handy.

Top Bottom