Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Totally agree. The extended mag release and auto bolt release are mandatory, in my mind.
    Extended mag release is very nice. Auto bolt release is mandatory. Grabbed one of 10/22s the other day without it, took me a moment to remember how the factory part worked and then disliked having to manipulate it again to close the bolt.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Extended mag release is very nice. Auto bolt release is mandatory. Grabbed one of 10/22s the other day without it, took me a moment to remember how the factory part worked and then disliked having to manipulate it again to close the bolt.
    Extended mag release and bolt release I believe was the cheaper upgrades I put on mine.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    I'll second the recommendation for Brimstone. Shipped my trigger group to Brimstone Gunsmithing in Washington State. I opted for their top of the line Tier 1 trigger package. For $110 bucks they re-do the entire trigger group including a new trigger, over-travel screw and automatic bolt release. It came back breaking at a crisp, clean two pounds with no creep. Fast turnaround, took about two weeks door to door.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I went with a BX-Trigger, auto bolt release and an extended mag release. After rereading the posts and reading the thread that toddandjoyce posted, I have a lot to think about. Might need to start another project. My wife thanks y’all lol

Great choices, you won’t be disappointed.

I love my 10/22 for what it is and for 95% of folks, that’s more than enough.

I enjoy my CZ for what it allows me to do.

I can build a 10/22 that performs as well or better than my CZ.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Great choices, you won’t be disappointed.

I love my 10/22 for what it is and for 95% of folks, that’s more than enough.

I enjoy my CZ for what it allows me to do.

I can build a 10/22 that performs as well or better than my CZ.
    I’m thinking about sending the stock trigger to Brimstone and starting another project. Too much fun.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I’m thinking about sending the stock trigger to Brimstone and starting another project. Too much fun.

I think the Brimstone trigger job will be eventually what I do too. Looks like they include the auto bolt release in that as well. I think I'm also going to have them install one of their pull lever mag releases at the same time.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think the Brimstone trigger job will be eventually what I do too. Looks like they include the auto bolt release in that as well. I think I'm also going to have them install one of their pull lever mag releases at the same time.
    Both of those upgrades are fairly cheap. I imagine you can buy more expensive, but I bought both together for around $30- $40.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Brimstone has some trigger jobs that are a good bargain. I have a spare trigger left over from purchasing a Jim Clark Trigger which has an all-metal outer. It will likely go to Brimstone since I put together another 10-22 that needs a better trigger. Jim Clark has been in business since 1950. He has been working on 10/22s since 1979. That's about 40 years. The trigger is $155.00 they build them there. I installed one on my self built 10/22. This is what it shot at 50 yards. That is 5 shots.
    DeadTargets002Medium_zps0c0b10c5.jpg

10-22CamoprojectMedium_zpse556c7f9.jpg

I know that a picture must be posted or Mud Pie will be along to remind me. That is Brownell AlumnaHyde from a can. Lots of prep time. Painted with patience and threatened to remove fingers if a fingerprint ended up on it anywhere. Let it hang and cure for 7 days. The stock is from Hogue. The action was had for $99.00 from Walmart when they were going crazy getting out of the semi-auto business. Which was stupid because they still sell Ruger Ranch Rifles. When I use it I ask Mr. Squirell How you like me now. I have sold off all but the trigger group and a virgin steel barrel from 2 20/22. The barrel is still for sale. The trigger group is going to Brimstone for reuse by me.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/product/clark-custom-10-22-trigger-assembly/

Attachments

• DeadTargets002Medium_zps0c0b10c5.jpg
      DeadTargets002Medium_zps0c0b10c5.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 427
    • 10-22CamoprojectMedium_zpse556c7f9.jpg
      10-22CamoprojectMedium_zpse556c7f9.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 451
    Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support