• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    If anyone wants to look or buy I found two at R&M Firearms in El Campo. I DID NOT buy because I have 4 10/22s already. What I can say when put together it is a solid little rifle. I don't remember the exact price, I was distracted by another rifle, I want to say less than or around $350 before taxes. Ended up buying a Savage .17 HMR cause I didn't have one yet...

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    If anyone wants to look or buy I found two at R&M Firearms in El Campo. I DID NOT buy because I have 4 10/22s already. What I can say when put together it is a solid little rifle. I don't remember the exact price, I was distracted by another rifle, I want to say less than or around $350 before taxes. Ended up buying a Savage .17 HMR cause I didn't have one yet...

I love my .17 HMR. You have to shoot squirrels and rabbits in the head if you plan on eating them though.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    They are now available at Academy at $319 + tax.

Took a good look at one today.

Overall impression: Great idea, poorly executed.

Black synthetic stock, "silver" aluminum alloy receiver, and stainless barrel.

Barrel showed signs of rust, and the fore-end and main stock did not mate tightly -- there being an unsightly gap between the two.

Fellow behind the gun counter tried to show me how it took down, and after a bit of fumbling said "it's harder than I thought it would be."

Another gun counter guy walked up and tried to put it all back together. And after a while, he passed the parts back to the first guy who finally put it together with great effort.

There is a push pin under the fore-end, and to remove the barrel, you have to push that pin, rotate the barrel/fore-end, and pull that away from the main stock and receiver.

It is a promising idea, but definitely in need of refinement, and as for accuracy, I would not venture a guess.

Bonus: It come packaged in a back-pack and costs $100 more than a standard 10-22!

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    They are now available at Academy at $319 + tax.

Took a good look at one today.

Overall impression: Great idea, poorly executed.

Black synthetic stock, "silver" aluminum alloy receiver, and stainless barrel.

Barrel showed signs of rust, and the fore-end and main stock did not mate tightly -- there being an unsightly gap between the two.

Fellow behind the gun counter tried to show me how it took down, and after a bit of fumbling said "it's harder than I thought it would be."

Another gun counter guy walked up and tried to put it all back together. And after a while, he passed the parts back to the first guy who finally put it together with great effort.

There is a push pin under the fore-end, and to remove the barrel, you have to push that pin, rotate the barrel/fore-end, and pull that away from the main stock and receiver.

It is a promising idea, but definitely in need of refinement, and as for accuracy, I would not venture a guess.

Bonus: It come packaged in a back-pack and costs $100 more than a standard 10-22!

Guys behind the gun counter at Academy typically have a problem with just about everything. One of them told me that particular .357 Mag wouldn't shoot .38 Special. I'd like to handle a Takedown myself. I've seen several videos of the Takedown, and it looked as though the handlers didn't have much of a problem with it. There is a nut that you can tighten and loosen with your hand to make the two pieces fit more snugly.

gwtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Santa Fe, TX
    Picked one up at the gun show at reliant last weekend, haven't fired it yet but I like it... Made one click adjustment to barrel nut and it locks up nice and tight, not hard to separate once you know how, and the storage is cool, I think I'll sew some other patch over the ruger for OPSEC...

GW

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Picked one up at the gun show at reliant last weekend, haven't fired it yet but I like it... Made one click adjustment to barrel nut and it locks up nice and tight, not hard to separate once you know how, and the storage is cool, I think I'll sew some other patch over the ruger for OPSEC...

GW

The barrel nut is pretty prominent, and when I asked the fellow what it did, he knew not, he just rotated it right and left, then got bored with it when nothing happened. Looked a lot like the gizmo we used to head space and time the M2 HBMG.

Makes sense now that it is used to tighten the barrel to receiver fit!

Thanks for the info!

737tdi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Scurry
    I have had mine in my hands within 2 weeks of them being announced. I have appx. 500 rds. through it and it shoots just as reliably and accurately as a standard 10/22. One thing I noticed when I received mine was the foreend and stock were slightly misaligned, I loosened the barrel band and forend mount screw and rotated it to align, very simple. It takes less then 3 seconds to take apart and reassemble. Once the barrel nut is adjusted you don't mess with it after. Ruger does recommend that you drop the bolt 3 or 4 times to seat the barrel assy. each time you reassemble it.

I love it. I also just bought another 10/22 with the threaded barrel. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I got one today. 310 + tax here in Waco. It was the last one at the shop. Everything seems good about it, but my bag only came with one strap. I guess I'll have to get with Ruger to get another one.

Top Bottom