• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I've had a takedown 10/22 for awhile decided to fire it today. Its brand new no upgrades, haven't cleaned or taken apart.
    Tried some golden bullets and fired a round and the second round chambered, but trigger didn't reset. Figured it was the ammo then tried some federal I
    Had and same thing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Do you know how to take apart a 10/22 trigger? Its incredibly simple and I bet you could find out whats wrong. It could be the trigger disconnect isn't on right or maybe the spring is missing. Thats what it sounds like to me.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Do you know how to take apart a 10/22 trigger? Its incredibly simple and I bet you could find out whats wrong. It could be the trigger disconnect isn't on right or maybe the spring is missing. Thats what it sounds like to me.

I 2nd this. Could also be a surface not exactly smooth and a lil sandpaper might fix it.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Do a basic field strip cleaning and try again. If problem persists, send it back as a warranty issue.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Thanks fellas I'll take the trigger apart and go from there. Its just kind of a pain to send it back. If that doesn't work ill have no choice.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    if you send it in, I think ruger usually sends a free mag to you along with the gun when it is returned to you (so I've heard). So if anything, you'll be getting a free BX-25 mag perhaps

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I always field strip, clean, and lube a new firearm before I use it. I imagine that will fix your problem. Did you at least make sure the barrel was clear before you fired it?

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    So the trigger isn't resetting? But its cycling shells? I'm corn fused.

Sounds like the disconnector is not resetting the sear... like others have said: clean trigger group (and verify correctly assembled) and try again, or let Ruger deal with it.

Top Bottom