ARJ Defense ad

10 round limit - What round & pistol would you have for concealed and range use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I have one 7 round mag and five 8 round mags for my shield , but the 8 round mags all have +2 MagGuts kits, so when I take the Shield to the range they are all full. That’s 57+1. Since I live in Texas, I haven’t given this much thought, but in limited states, do they limit the number of 10 round mags you can carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure of others, but no restriction in CA. I would always have my Kimber Ultra Carry with up to 12 mags (7,8 & 10 rd) with me whenever travelling around the state. Never can be too sure!
    Venture Surplus ad

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Sort of lived through this once back in the 90’s. When I bought my Para P12 you received a coupon to buy two 12 round magazines from Para but all the aftermarket magazines were 10 rounds. Carrying the P12 with 12+1 made me feel like I didn’t need to carry an extra magazine but 10+1 didn’t quite seem like enough.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    There are some tiny 9mm's that would fit the "concealed" part of concealed carry very well. The Sig P365, the Walther PPS M2, S&W Shield 9, Ruger LC9S... and a host of others.

For something bigger and maybe easier to hit with - 1911's, the Glock 43X / 48 (that "single" stack Glock 19 we asked for 20+ years ago) Sig P225 or a 225A1, P239, a Sig P220, S&W 4506, S&W 4006... of course you could use nerfed mags in "hi cap" guns like we did before the Clinton ban expired. Many a fellow learned that for many guns, you could squeeze 11 or 12 rounds of 9x19 into a .40 magazine and they would function. ATF even declared it OK like the stupidity between a pistol brace and a stock, because the magazine was not *designed* for 11 or 12 rounds of 9x19, it was designed for 10 rounds of .40 and it didn't matter if you could shove those extra rounds in. Of course today's ATF fed bois would probably interpret things differently than their daddy's generation did, and who knows how hard you'd be boned by the state.

Just ask the poor bastards in New York, California, or Maryland what they carry.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

IF I was limited to a 10-round pistol, my EDC handgun would be the Sig-Sauer P225.

I bought mine in 2007 & it's never failed me even once.
    Further, as thin & flat as it is, in a good OWB holster, it disappears without a trace under my usual garb of jeans, boat shoes or sneakers & a golf shirt.

yours, satx

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To All,

IF I was limited to a 10-round pistol, my EDC handgun would be the Sig-Sauer P225.

I bought mine in 2007 & it's never failed me even once.
    Further, as thin & flat as it is, in a good OWB holster, it disappears without a trace under my usual garb of jeans, boat shoes or sneakers & a golf shirt.

yours, satx

"I resemble that". . . . . But G26 / G19 & fishing shrt.

No golf, none of the time. . . . . . .

I get into enough trouble boat-riding.

leVieux

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What makes anyone think the "leftists" would stop at "Ten Rounds" ?

Canadians went to 5 rounds on rifles and 10 on pistols, so don't put it past them to do something similar. Oddly enough - the brits don't have magazine capacity limits, but they can't own semi-autos. There's a gentleman on a local forum I'm part of who is former UK military, who spends his time split between the US, Canada, and the UK. He's still pissed about having his collection of Smith & Wessons getting destroyed, and he's given good insight into their gun laws. Lefties just don't want people armed in general, and in the places where they allow some sort of weapons in private hands the restrictions are insane.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    For carry My choice would not change much. I would continue to carry my M&P Shield 9 & 45 as well as Ruger LCR 38. For home defense, I would have to change from my CZ P09 9mm with 19 round mag I guess. I guess I would go 45ACP and switch to a 1911.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    claymore504,

ImVho, a handgun in .45ACP or 9x19mm (with 115, 124 or 147 grain JHP) is always an acceptable choice for self-defense or militia use.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    IIRC didn't New York pass a 7 rd limit back around 2008 or so? The "law" didn't carve out peace officers, so they were subject to the 7 rd limit as well.

cvgunman,

Obviously the gangbangers & CAREER CRIMINALS of NY were not restricted to 7 rounds.
    (FYI, I know for a fact, as I have an Army buddy who is now a NY State Trooper, that ILLEGAL ALIENS who are caught with illegal guns, narcotics & other contraband, are often FREED w/o any action/charges.
    The NY authorities do NOT want to be accused by the FAR LEFT lunatics of targeting or mistreating ILLEGALS.)

yours, satx

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    IIRC didn't New York pass a 7 rd limit back around 2008 or so? The "law" didn't carve out peace officers, so they were subject to the 7 rd limit as well.

They "fixed" that right quick after police bitched that they didn't get their special treatment award. Don't take that to mean that I'm anti cop at all - I just think they should be subject to the same stupid gun laws the rest of us are - and they should be championing lawful gun ownership, not vocally trying to curtail it or seek special "rights" the rest of the citizens don't have. I don't mind well heeled cops, but I want to be equally secure as the Constitution says we should.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom