10 yr old tased

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, Nov 21, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The parents need to be tased. Cripes people, raise your kids instead of having tv or public school do it.

I have to admit, I got a chuckle when I read ...

The child, not surprisingly, immediately stopped resisting

:lolz:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/1118091taser1.html

2. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this what our country has descended into? I suppose this is what happens when lawyers and the ACLU step in under the aegis of political correctness and remove parents' and schools' ability to punish...*gasp* with corporal punishment...unruly children. What next, having the police come over and beat your kid with a nightstick because they refuse to brush their teeth? Extremely sad commentary about our society, and very ridiculous.

3. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Like the popular saying goes, it's just wrong on SO many levels.....

4. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    There is so much wrong wit this one.

1. Why would a mother call the police on her 10 year old?
    2. Why would the mother say the cop could taser her if he had to?
    3. Why did the cop tase her?
    4. What would cause the police to place the child in custody?

I hate divorce.

5. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I am sure glad my parents didn't have a taser as I would be sporting a fro to this day. I had to settle for old fashioned a$$ whoopings from mom or dad. It came in basically a tie between who could hit harder. The amount of pain was determined by where I landed. It really did not take long to learn that now meant now, go meant go, and most importantly no meant no. I had stop mastered by three.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I was talking to a guy about a week ago. He is divorced, gets along great with his ex, and his son lives 1500 miles away. He could not understand why the South was so hung up on staying in a loveless, unhappy, unfulfilling marriage.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that life is made up by more things than laughing, smiling, and being entertained. Much like his minimum wage job, I imagine he didn't work at his marriage.

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    good question. Glad the mom didn't say shoot her if ya have to :hammerhead:

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I learned from my Dad how to command respect and obedience with just a look. Even with all the kids in our family the spankings were relatively few and far between (except for one brother), because we knew what would happen if we didn't comply with Mom & Dad's wishes. The state has stepped in and eliminated the millenia old practice/need for corporal punishment to keep the little turds in line. We reap the benefits in America every day now. :1zhelp:

9. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    +1

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

You had it easy. For us, if they had to look at you, it was probably a spanking. If they had to talk, it was inta-asswhipping.

At the time, I thought it was mean. As an adult, I realize they did us, and the people around us, a huge favor.