Join TexasGunTalk

100 yard rimfire

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by roberthleeii, Feb 25, 2018.

1. roberthleeii

roberthleeii Active Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ill take that. I am probably going to get a CZ 455 but i would like one with a threaded barrel but they are only offerd with a synthetic stock. I would like one with the wood stock and threaded barrel. Any one know of a model like that??

2. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    That has also been my experience. My stock 10/22s are very accurate with Winchester ammo, even the Winchester bulk ammo.

I would suggest to anyone who has a 10/22 with a scope to try some Winchester ammo in it before spending a lot of money on it. It might surprise you with how accurate it is.

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hell, just replacing the trigger will cut your group size in half.

EZ-E likes this.
  4. cvansickler

cvansickler New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    we used to hit a 16" gong at 200 yards, although that entailed a heck of a lot of hold over.

5. TexasOutlaw

TexasOutlaw New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Tyler, Tx
    I have a rem 597 that will give me one groups at 50 yards and 1 inch groups at a 100

6. smittyb

smittyb Well-Known

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    This doesn’t really help the OP one bit, but this thread has brought back some memories of shooting 22s with my Dad.
    He was really into them at one point, and shot in a sport called BR50.
    By virtue of growing up in Southern Indiana, my dad become friends with some of THE greats of the rimfire world. I accompanied him several times on trips to the range or homes of the like of Bill Cafee, Earl Bomber, and Shelby Wright, who he remained close friends with until his passing.
    If you are not familiar with these names, ask Benenglish, I’m sure he could fill you in.
    Anyhow, one of Dad’s Rifles was a massive single shot bolt action 22 of some sort, I’ll have to ask him which one it was, with a fixed power scope of great magnification.
    Dad called this his “golf ball gun”. He would drill a pilot hole in golf balls and thread in an eye screw. They would then be hung by string from a U shaped piece of rebar at 100 yards. If you did your part, you just put the crosshairs on and sent those golf balls dancing, every time.
    For an extra challenge, you could cut the string they are suspended by. Wind played a big factor in that one.
    What great memories!

7. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If I had a Bill Calfee XP-100 .22LR BR pistol and my life went to hell, I'd keep it in my shopping cart while living under a bridge.

Art. Pure art.

Texan-in-Training likes this.
  8. MetalCutter

MetalCutter Active Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Woodlands, TX
    Truth spoken herein! One of a very few holy grails in my book.

9. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My 10-22 loves the Winchester M-22 ammo. And Wally World has it for $50 - 1000

10. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

This is a thread that should not die.

I'm going shooting, central TX weather permitting, tomorrow.
    Rained like crazy today.

I've loaded up 3 22LR rifles capable of shooting 1" at 100 yards if me and the ammo do our part.

Ya, ya my .338 or .50 at 700 meters are a "joy" but they are chambered for $5 bills.

My best 22LR rifles are up to the same challenge at 100 yards with good ammo for 10 cents a round and with a heck of a lot less noise and road travel and money!!!

Will follow up.
    Weather permitting.

FireInTheWire likes this.