• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Any good gun should be able to do that.

The G19 is a rock solid performer. Had a few FTF it looked like, but that could be down to the mags, which I'm sure were piled up from the people behind.

Jarrett and Para Ordinance did a similar test with their pistol, but it was 100% rapid fire. It's a cool one to watch.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I talked to some of the guys that were present for the test. They said it was wild when the guide rod melted and the gun just kept on firing. The frame flexed away from the slide and then returned when the gun cooled was also something they saw.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    I saw the vids of the Para torture test with Jarrett. It was pretty cool. I like how hit guy had all of the mags loaded and ready. Jarrett had to wait a couple of times toward the end for a new mag. I just couildn't beleive that he pulled that trigger 1000 times in just over 10 minutes.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I talked to some of the guys that were present for the test. They said it was wild when the guide rod melted and the gun just kept on firing. The frame flexed away from the slide and then returned when the gun cooled was also something they saw.

So if I plan to be in a 500+ round gun war I need to get a stainless guide rod?

Cool.

ChicagoTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    Any good gun should be able to do that.

+1
    Waste of time and ammo.

I'm getting sick to death of these "torture tests" that don't really prove anything and, even if they do, are applicable to about 1/10th of a percent of the shooting population.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I would like to see a HK 1000 round test.

AMEN!!! On HKPro, GB has been running the "Break my HK..." threads. sure it's not a continous 1000+ rds, but still... It's a little more practical than Texas1911 getting into a 1000+rd gunfight..

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I agree with the poster who said it is a waste. Nothing wrong with shooting rounds but shooting just to burn ammo - well
    I shoot G-26's, wife has one and daughter is getting one now that she is at college and will soon be of age for her CCW.
    Anyway....
    1,000 rds that is not a lot. I usually go thru 500 to 700 rds a month, sometimes in one trip.
    Glocks just keep going and going.
    I imagine I have well over 10K rounds thru my everyday G-26.
    And now that 9mm has gone up, its not near as cheap to shoot for a working man...
    gamboolman....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I nominate the commencement of a new style of torture test. It shall henceforth be called the Brown 5000 (Brown as in my last name). The test will consist of whatever pistol or rifle you'd like to run through the gamut, 5000rds of ammo preloaded into as many mags as necessary, one huge go bag to store all the mags, and you're choice of being air dropped into either hmm.....lets say Darfur, or possibly Afghanistan. After about a week, if you and the gun have still survived then we'll call it good.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Seriously, what is the point of these tests? They have no application to how anyone will actually use a gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    what is the big deal? i don't really see why people get some torqued about the fact that someone wants to fire thier own gun 1000 times in about a quarter of an hour. no i wouldn't do it becasue i could get a lot of practice with 1000rds but it is thier gun so if they want to do it then go for it. I enjoyed watching the vid personally.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I nominate the commencement of a new style of torture test. It shall henceforth be called the Brown 5000 (Brown as in my last name). The test will consist of whatever pistol or rifle you'd like to run through the gamut, 5000rds of ammo preloaded into as many mags as necessary, one huge go bag to store all the mags, and you're choice of being air dropped into either hmm.....lets say Darfur, or possibly Afghanistan. After about a week, if you and the gun have still survived then we'll call it good.

Pick me! Pick me! I will do it...

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I don't see this really as a big deal other than reinforcing that the Glock 19 or any Glock, is one baddazz motha!!

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Are you sure? I get into 1000 round gunfights all the time with my Compact Glock.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I had to laugh because Yeager wasn't up to the test himself and he is supposed to be a real "warrior" and all that hoopla TRI spews.

I had to laugh at him blaming the ammo for his limp wristing. Why would you do a 1000 round test like that and use cheap ammo? So that if anything goes wrong, you can blame the ammo!

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Reliability

+1
    Waste of time and ammo.

I'm getting sick to death of these "torture tests" that don't really prove anything and, even if they do, are applicable to about 1/10th of a percent of the shooting population.

Try that with your "reliable" Ruger .380 LCP. Torture tests are for those who dare.

Top Bottom