Patriot Mobile

10mm PDW, is there a use case that makes this superior to a 10.5" AR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I think you know what you have to do now... just take the money, debit card, credit card, whatever. Set it on the table. Say goodbye to it, and make a spot in the gunsafe for the new gun.

I'm actually building a gun room. My credit card melted 3 months ago. The door itself was $7,800 and the frame and wall reinforcement pretty much means I've gotten my Christmas present for the next 10 years.
    Texas SOT

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    1. No fûcking clue what a POU is or who nutnfancy is, but as mentioned elsewhere, there’s two huge problems with a 10.5 5.56 AR. First is barrel length which impacts ballistic performance, second is gas system length which also impacts ballistic performance. Gas system length is one reason why .300BO uses a much faster burning powder than 5.56 does.

2. If you want an SBR type firearm as a range toy none of the above matters. If you have a need for one, then find the appropriate caliber and go from there. Me personally, an SBR is a really great home defense platform so I want a fairly short OAL that will reliably run suppressed and have room for something like an EOTech, and any illuminators. The cartridge needs to reliably do it’s thing while suppressed.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Right now, the short AR sits by my bed and is my primary night time defense weapon. I used to have a Glock 19 there, but I've gone full short AR now.

It has a bright ass light, an IR laser/illuminator, it's easier to aim and shoot, I'm far more accurate with it, and I have a mag full of Hornady HP match.

The UMP could be a replacement? It does have second kind of cool for sure (NutNFancy ©2008). I'm a huge HK fanboy so this kind of thing peaks my interest even though I'm not sure where it fits for me POU-wise.
    I have an AR pistol bedside too, loaded with 75 grain IMI Razor in a 20 round magazine. The light is off, but with it and just 2 throw lever away from mounting it. This lower has the binary trigger.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes. Inside enclosed spaces, without a suppressor.

5.56 even out of the shortest barrel will do rifle things, whereas 10mm wont, but short barrel rifle calibers suck to shoot in tight spaces.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yes. Inside enclosed spaces, without a suppressor.

5.56 even out of the shortest barrel will do rifle things, but short barrels suck to shoot in tight spaces.
    Think what you will, but inside un surppressed. Inside they can smile at the flash & report, the accomplices outside they can take note & better haul ass.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    For first cool I got an ak pistol. It easily hits 12x20 steel at 200yds, more reliable in a pistol format than an AR, and you don't get much of a velocity penalty (only 200fps) with x39. For a short gun, it's the way to go imho.

Top Bottom