who makes em dont say glock or kimber
    my 1911s are going to always be 45 and i will not own a glock

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Colt Delta Elite is quite possibly the most awesome 10mm out there. It has Colt, Delta, and Elite all in one name. The only thing it lacks is Operator, but it is assumed when considering 10mm Auto and the word Delta. It's also a 1911, so it's even more epic.

I hear 10mm cuts people in half, 600 yards out.

That being said, 10mm is a fun cartridge, but I hope you like to reload.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    look at the fusion for a 10mm...

Ive had colt delta's since 1985, love um, will die with um... dream weapons.

Mcoupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Or find an original Colt!! Here is a Custom Combat 10

IMG_4790.jpg

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    If you don't want a 1911 or a Glock then EAA Witness is about the one currently making a 10mm. Smith no longer makes 10's though they are fairly easy to pick up on Gunbroker or Auction arms.
    Sadly it looks like the 10mm may be about to go extinct. About the only ammo available is home defense loads and most of this is underpowered and little better than a 40 S&W. Best to load your own. Full power 10mm is an awesome round.
    I have an IAAI Javelina long slide, IAAI 5", S& W 1006,1046 & 610, a fusion 6", and a Oly arms AR-15. I like the 10mm.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a S&W 1006 that is my favorite handgun. The 1066 is the Commander size version. The 1076 is the FBI version with the Sig type de-cocker. The Smith & Wesson 10's are great guns, you can find them used but not abused. Most folks shoot the FBI type load (.40 equivalent) that does not tax the works.

If I were in the market for a new 10mm, I would look at the EAA Witness. Multi caliber pistol that you can get top end in 9mm, .38 super, .40, .45 and of course 10mm.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    the only smiths i find are revolvers ??
    not looking at glocks and 1911s

EAA is a maybe

You said you were thinking about going 10mm and asked who makes a 10. You didn't say just an auto. S&W is currently making handguns in 10mm.

And add Olympic. They sell 10mm AR15 Carbines and uppers.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    you guys obviously havent heard about the Vltor Fortis. Its an improved Bren Ten that will accept the EAA Witness mags...
    Vltor Weapon Systems introduces a Bren Ten Style Pistol
    I suspect we'll see a revival of 10mm ammo after the Fortis is released..
    Perhaps. Vltor has been hyping that thing for a long time now. It's going to take more than a spendy niche gun to "revive" 10mm. Perhaps if Vltor and STI can get 10mm products launched it will help get the ball rolling.

double tap ammo is still your best bet for 10mm ammo.
    Doubletapammo Shop
    Word is that DoubleTap is also responsible for far more kB's/unit sample than any other manufacturer... of course, they have their fair share of fireball loads as well.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Vltor is interested in getting it right, the first time, we'll wait and see.
    a capacity of 15 in that grip size will be very attractive.

I have mixed feelings about STI...

the only S&W 10mm Im impressed w/are their revolvers, all their pistol are too heavy for anything but a duty belt.

the dan wesson or the fusion are the best bang_for_your_bucks in a 10mm right now.

Still hard to beat a delta elite. maybe colt will release one soon.

olympic is junk, I have found one person w/a 10mm carbine, he had some much extra work done to it, its a hybrid.

the ultimate 10mm carbine is still the H&K mp10. shame we cant get our grubby hands on one....

my favorite 10mm ammo was the PMC old red/white box. 170gr HP or 200gr FMJ. Great stuff. plus $10 a box :D
    Ive killed many many animals with 175gr silver tips. i would not want to take a round of that stuff...

good thread, BTW...

Mcoupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I see STI's new 10mm double stack offering called the "Perfect 10" on their website right now.

Click on thumbnail for larger image.

Perfect 10
    A 6" Tactical pistol in 10mm, STI International's patented 2011 technology gives the STI "Perfect 10" more fire power advantage than 1911 tactical pistols. Combining this advantage with less felt recoil and other popular 2011 features, the STI "Perfect 10" is a superior pistol for all tactical applications.
    Built on the patented modular steel frame with polymer grip (the essential patented design element for high capacity) the STI "Perfect 10" delivers the added benefit of high capacity magazines without over-sizing the circumference of the grip. The STI "Perfect 10" is well suited for multiple applications; ranging from police and SWAT teams requiring a firearm with a light rail and high capacity, to the individual demanding a high performance pistol with special features for personal protection. The tactical rail milled into the dust cover of the frame accepts all industry standard light mounts.
    The STI "Perfect 10" has front and rear cocking serrations, STI dovetail front sight, and STI fixed rear sight. Fixed tritium night sights are an available option. The STI "Perfect 10" comes standard with features such as an STI stainless steel fully supported, ramped bull barrel, an STI two piece guide rod system, an STI aluminum magwell, an STI hi-ride grip safety, and STI ambi thumb safeties.
    Available exclusively in 10mm.

MSRP.gif

Perfect 10- To Be Announced
    Find an FFL Near You
    Find a Holster For Your STI
    Specifications.gif

Caliber10mmFrameSTI Patented Modular Steel with 6" Integral Tactical RailGrips Black Glass Filled Nylon Polymer with Aluminum MagwellSlide 6" Classic Flat Top , STI Front and Rear Cocking SerrationsTriggerSTI Long CurvedBarrel STI Bull Barrel, 6" Ramped, Fully SupportedSafetiesSTI High-Ride Beavertail Grip Safety and Ambidextrous Thumb SafetiesGuide RodSTI Recoil MasterSightsSTI Ramped Front, Heinie Fixed RearOverall Length9.5" Weight37.5 oz. FinishBlued with Sides of Slide PolishedCompetition Approvals Pending

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I just can't get excited about 10mm handguns based on the 1911. 'Guarantees that they're going to be expensive and might work as well as the average 1911...

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    My vote for current 10mm's are Dan Wesson and of course GLOCK!
    You are grossly limiting yourself, not wanting 10mm's in either 1911 or Glocks. Get your paws on a G29, and shoot it. I have 2, you will love it! Thats just my .02

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    nobody would have a holster for that thing though i am intrigued

I see STI's new 10mm double stack offering called the "Perfect 10" on their website right now.

Click on thumbnail for larger image.

Perfect 10
    A 6" Tactical pistol in 10mm, STI International's patented 2011 technology gives the STI "Perfect 10" more fire power advantage than 1911 tactical pistols. Combining this advantage with less felt recoil and other popular 2011 features, the STI "Perfect 10" is a superior pistol for all tactical applications.
    Built on the patented modular steel frame with polymer grip (the essential patented design element for high capacity) the STI "Perfect 10" delivers the added benefit of high capacity magazines without over-sizing the circumference of the grip. The STI "Perfect 10" is well suited for multiple applications; ranging from police and SWAT teams requiring a firearm with a light rail and high capacity, to the individual demanding a high performance pistol with special features for personal protection. The tactical rail milled into the dust cover of the frame accepts all industry standard light mounts.
    The STI "Perfect 10" has front and rear cocking serrations, STI dovetail front sight, and STI fixed rear sight. Fixed tritium night sights are an available option. The STI "Perfect 10" comes standard with features such as an STI stainless steel fully supported, ramped bull barrel, an STI two piece guide rod system, an STI aluminum magwell, an STI hi-ride grip safety, and STI ambi thumb safeties.
    Available exclusively in 10mm.

MSRP.gif

Perfect 10- To Be Announced
    Find an FFL Near You
    Find a Holster For Your STI
    Specifications.gif

Caliber10mmFrameSTI Patented Modular Steel with 6" Integral Tactical RailGrips Black Glass Filled Nylon Polymer with Aluminum MagwellSlide 6" Classic Flat Top , STI Front and Rear Cocking SerrationsTriggerSTI Long CurvedBarrel STI Bull Barrel, 6" Ramped, Fully SupportedSafetiesSTI High-Ride Beavertail Grip Safety and Ambidextrous Thumb SafetiesGuide RodSTI Recoil MasterSightsSTI Ramped Front, Heinie Fixed RearOverall Length9.5" Weight37.5 oz. FinishBlued with Sides of Slide PolishedCompetition Approvals Pending

Top Bottom