• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    It begins spreading immediately as soon as it stops being a solid mass, which start happening as soon as it leaves the barrel, and happen extremely quickly when it encounters any resistance, you begin to work with the energy stored in each individual pellet.

Physics.

At short HD range(out to 7 yrds)there is almost no spread.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Great shotgun! What is that light,and what does it cost(with mount)? What is that sling?

Thanks! The light is a Surefire P2X Fury that I disabled the 2-mode brightness. It is now only 500 lumens with clicky tailcap. (It used to be 15 or 500 lumens, and cycle through with low level first; no memory.) Originally the P2X Fury was available as 2-mode with clicky tailcap, or 1-mode Tactical with press for momentary-on and twist for constant-on. Twisting for constant-on is idiotic for a "tactical" light. I just checked the Surefire website and it looks like the newest versions are all 600 lumens, and the Tactical now has the same clicky tailcap as the normal Fury. The light should be about $130, just keep in mind that there are 2 versions out there. Hopefully there are different SKU numbers so you can know which version you're getting.

The mount is a CDM Gear MTC which is about $40. The sling is a Blue Force Gear VCAS (Vickers) in Kryptek Typhon camo, about $50.

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Thanks! The light is a Surefire P2X Fury that I disabled the 2-mode brightness. It is now only 500 lumens with clicky tailcap. (It used to be 15 or 500 lumens, and cycle through with low level first; no memory.) Originally the P2X Fury was available as 2-mode with clicky tailcap, or 1-mode Tactical with press for momentary-on and twist for constant-on. Twisting for constant-on is idiotic for a "tactical" light. I just checked the Surefire website and it looks like the newest versions are all 600 lumens, and the Tactical now has the same clicky tailcap as the normal Fury. The light should be about $130, just keep in mind that there are 2 versions out there. Hopefully there are different SKU numbers so you can know which version you're getting.

The mount is a CDM Gear MTC which is about $40. The sling is a Blue Force Gear VCAS (Vickers) in Kryptek Typhon camo, about $50.

Thanks for the info.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I am not so sure at 15 feet a 12 gauge bird shot round still be so ineffective, but all the same I know you will still have the psychological impact of a shotgun being brought to bear on the intruders. I certainly won't fire a slug in the house due to the potential harm to family but also I think it would be a good idea if families had understandings about what to do and not do in the case of a break in. Laying low or jumping out a nearby window would be a lot wiser than kids running toward the room where the fight was taking place. I'm sure there are wonderful self defence dvd's for the purpose.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    I am not so sure at 15 feet a 12 gauge bird shot round still be so ineffective, but all the same I know you will still have the psychological impact of a shotgun being brought to bear on the intruders. I certainly won't fire a slug in the house due to the potential harm to family but also I think it would be a good idea if families had understandings about what to do and not do in the case of a break in. Laying low or jumping out a nearby window would be a lot wiser than kids running toward the room where the fight was taking place. I'm sure there are wonderful self defence dvd's for the purpose.

Jumping out of a window for what purpose? To injure yourself and end the fight? Intruders probably going to have an accomplice waiting outside. These gangsters don't work alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I was referring to others in the family . I ended the post with the disclaimer to consult professionals, neither of us are.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Experience tells me that I can get up and walk across the room and eventually touch the wall. I can consult a professional for a proof if I like, or I can just make an educated guess that it will happen. Technically defense experts are not professionals rely on such experience, such as is available to all of us. That being said, game theory shows that jumping out of a window to escape an intruder both could eliminate your ability to fight as well as introduce the possibility of 1 or more other assailants waiting outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom