• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Saw one being shot by Autumn of Autumn's Armory on YouTube.

Yes, they're Chinese made, quite inexpensive, magazine fed (you get 2 - 5 rounders when you buy one) but 10 rounders are available.

According to some reviews I've read they're reliable.

Can anyone here attest to that?
    Gun Zone Deals

Powderhead

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2015
    B/CS
    I have one of JTS AK 12 GA. Its a heavy beast and doesn't balance very well.

It works with all of the loads I've tested as long as the gas port (it's adjustable) is set correctly.

On the other hand, having 5 or 10 rounds of 00 buck and an 18" barrel is not a bad thing.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    After considerable tweaking, my Saiga 12 works great with most loads. No light target loads.
    The Chinese imports are hit or miss, much like the Saiga were.
    I believe generally the Cheetahs are crap and the Lynx are ok.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    My Lynx is reliable and the build quality is stout. These were rolling out of the same factory that the Norinco AK's came from. I would by another in a heartbeat if someone imports them again. I only feed full power buckshot and slug loads through mine.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    After considerable tweaking, my Saiga 12 works great with most loads. No light target loads.
    The Chinese imports are hit or miss, much like the Saiga were.
    I believe generally the Cheetahs are crap and the Lynx are ok.

Carolina Shooting Supplies has some adjustable gas regulators.

I usually just shoot cheap buckshot.

I did tare mine down and converted it. Think it was like $299 or $399 when I bought mine years ago, so a few hundred in mods was ok for me.

At around 5:20 I go over mine, and some shooting then some of what I did. First part is the hand guard install.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Carolina Shooting Supplies has some adjustable gas regulators.

I usually just shoot cheap buckshot.

I did tare mine down and converted it. Think it was like $299 or $399 when I bought mine years ago, so a few hundred in mods was ok for me.

At around 5:20 I go over mine, and some shooting then some of what I did. First part is the hand guard install.

I’m quite familiar with CSS.
    I’m currently running a Tac-47 auto regulator. Yes, I’m aware of their backstory. The auto plug may be the only good thing they ever made. I’m pretty sure I have CSS regulator that I tried at some point along the way. Along with every brand of gas puck imaginable.
    After having my BCG reworked by Pauly’s Steelin (boy there is a hell of a story), it finally took me redrilling my gas ports to get it to run reliably.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I’m quite familiar with CSS.
    I’m currently running a Tac-47 auto regulator. Yes, I’m aware of their backstory. The auto plug may be the only good thing they ever made. I’m pretty sure I have CSS regulator that I tried at some point along the way. Along with every brand of gas puck imaginable.
    After having my BCG reworked by Pauly’s Steelin (boy there is a hell of a story), it finally took me redrilling my gas ports to get it to run reliably.

Only “issue” I had was the ALG or whatever premium AK trigger kit I used, I had to dremel the front of the hammer. I guess they had a Saiga specific one, but larger magazine well or forward setup on the Saiga needed some material removed. I have heard of people needing to redrill the gas ports.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I finally bought a Saiga the other year (unconverted), and it’s a blast. Way back in the late 2000’s I was stationed in NY and a fellow Marine had a Saiga. They were cheap then and we had a ton of fun at his hunting camp. I wish I’d bought one back then, but I got pretty good deal anyway. I’ve looked into the AR version and still might bite the bullet, but the AK version is ridiculously fun.

Top Bottom