0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    It was kind of unspoken but back before you could get a concealed carry permit or could keep a gun in your car, there were some police departments that would simply confiscate your weapon and then never go to trial if you had a weapon where you shouldn't but successfully defended yourself with it. I know my old next door neighbor, who was an Austin Police Detective with the Gang Unit, mentioned this once and a few other officers I've known have hinted around about it. Essentially you'd lose your gun but it was better than going to jail.

Now that you can get a concealed carry permit? Who knows? Even in the bad ole days I'm sure plenty of people successfully defended themselves that soon found themselves facing charges of their own.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Good riddance!

From the article....

"This was not the 5-feet 8-inch tall, 130-pound teen's first brush with violence. State records state he was a convicted felon arrested twice since age 12 for armed robbery with a gun, once for battery on a public or school employee and once for burglarizing a home."

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    It seems these wannabe thugs are getting younger, or I am just getting older.

A man had accused a 14 year old of burglary, and he did have a record of it.

So the kid walks up to him at his home and starts shooting, can you guess what happens?

JYD Points Of View - TheJunkYardNews: 14 Year Old Thug Wannabe Shoots 43 Year Old Man Who Then Returns Fire

So do you think the surviving victim should be charged on a concealed weapon violation if he did not have a permit?

I don't!

Shocking that the dead idiot had a history of violence....NOT.

As for the whole permit thing. It all depends on where he was. If he was sitting with his buddies on private property he doesn't need a permit. A permit is only needed when you're in public places.

CAShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Shocking that the dead idiot had a history of violence....NOT.

As for the whole permit thing. It all depends on where he was. If he was sitting with his buddies on private property he doesn't need a permit. A permit is only needed when you're in public places.

There are places that are on private property, but considered public were guns are concerned. Like in California, your front yard is public property if not enclosed by a non cosmetic fence tall enough to keep the public out.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There are places that are on private property, but considered public were guns are concerned. Like in California, your front yard is public property if not enclosed by a non cosmetic fence tall enough to keep the public out.

No fence required in Texas.

Welcome to the Forum!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Old enough to dance, old enough to tango.

Adios homie

udavenu9.jpg

Top Bottom