• ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I see ALOT of reference to FF workers.
    The 15 min wage will effect every business NOT just FF.

Own a lawn service 15/hr min applies

Own an auto parts store 15/hr plz

Etc etc etc.

This will effect every business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly true. Everyone that employs workers, will be hit with a $15 an hour minimum wage if that is the standard set by law.

I suspect that many smaller business' will have to come up with creative methods of paying their employees to stay in business. Like putting them on salary, or making them contract employees, or possibly even outsourcing some jobs to other companies, or paying people under the table instead having them listed as an employee. This in the end is another way employees are going to get hurt in the long run with a $15 an hour wage law. Lower, or no benefits, less hours, employees moved from full time to part time to reduce the costs of benefits, ect.
    Venture Surplus ad

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    All else aside, I would urge folks to remember a short bit of millennia-old wisdom which is as true now as it was when these words were first written:

“In The Midst Of Chaos, There Is Also Opportunity”

I would suggest not just reading that, but actually thinking about it for a bit some time, including all that's entailed (perhaps with a bit of bourbon to grease the wheels); Make an effort to think about how you would/could apply that concept in your world (e.g. reach, risk, effort, and outcomes), and you may begin to look at things in a slightly different fashion.

Just my .02, take it or leave it...

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Bottom line is that pretty much anything involving repetitive labor or finite/structured processing is a viable candidate for automation

15-per-hour-int-usa-order-here-a-bold-new-24553723.png

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Please give more details. I don't watch conventional news and turn the radio when ever Biden comes on. Did they officially raise the minimum wage?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Not passed yet, part of Covid bill but applies ONLY to government employees and maybe those contractors who bid GOV jobs. This is just my understanding.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Not passed yet, part of Covid bill but applies ONLY to government employees and maybe those contractors who bid GOV jobs. This is just my understanding.

they already get paid a shitload anyway. There isn't a fed gov job that starts under 18 an hour right now. Go look on the fed gov job board.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    It does not apply only to government employees and contractors. Why do you think they are estimating the loss or 1.4 million jobs if this bill is passed ?

Your friendly little burger flipper at McDonalds and every employee at every little mom and pop store and business are included.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    they already get paid a shitload anyway. There isn't a fed gov job that starts under 18 an hour right now. Go look on the fed gov job board.

I believe that the rules will apply to those contracors (on militay bases for example) where McD and Burger King are also located.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I thought the $15/hr minimum was already signed as an executive order for Gov and Contract jobs. I though the Covid attachment was for $15/hr for everyone.....but I could be mistaken.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    No, it isn't. It was ruled it cannot exist in the bill for the Senate to vote on through a constitutional process that is required to happen on any spending bill that wants reconciliation instead of the filibuster which requires the Senate Parliamentarian to get involved.

I swear, it's like everyone in the internet is an expert at everything, except they aren't.

The bill that passed the house will NOT be allowed to be voted on by the Senate as is because of this reconciliation rule. The minimum wage hike in the house bill has to be removed or it cannot be passed by the Senate without a 60 member vote. No Republican is going to vote for a doubling of the minimum wage.
    Hold my beer said the turtle.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Those people are already making more than $15.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    yep, although correct when sent .
    EXPERT definition= X (math symbol for unknown) Spurt (drip under pressure) so an expert is an unknown drip under pressure!

Coyote9,

When I was in the Army it was commonly said that an "expert" was a "SOB with a briefcase, 50 miles from home".

yours, satx

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Well haven’t been back on this and see it’s gone viral. The original news feed story said they passed it in full. An acquaintance has told me that news feed was retracted as they thought they had seen the same one. Well I fkd up and posted too soon. But Im here fessing up. Sue me if if you’d like I own nothing.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I thought the $15/hr minimum was already signed as an executive order for Gov and Contract jobs. I though the Covid attachment was for $15/hr for everyone.....but I could be mistaken.
    as could I, "who knows what evil lies in the heart of congress? The Shadow knows, "pre TV radio hero guy

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Well haven’t been back on this and see it’s gone viral. The original news feed story said they passed it in full. An acquaintance has told me that news feed was retracted as they thought they had seen the same one. Well I fkd up and posted too soon. But Im here fessing up. Sue me if if you’d like I own nothing.
    OMG a Glock collector!

Top Bottom