• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    That $150 all includes a basic firearm safety class. Sound reasonable?

That is the cost to shoot over here in Singapore. There is one club open to the public. Full member pay $2200 to join, and $220 to maintain their membership. However, as a member of the club, you can own a firearm and store it at the club. I suppose the high cost of ownership keeps the riffraff out...

Needless to say, I'm getting antsy to spend some time at the range when I come back to Houston for the holidays.

Goodnight from 13 hours ahead...
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That $150 all includes a basic firearm safety class. Sound reasonable?

That is the cost to shoot over here in Singapore. There is one club open to the public. Full member pay $2200 to join, and $220 to maintain their membership. However, as a member of the club, you can own a firearm and store it at the club. I suppose the high cost of ownership keeps the riffraff out...

Needless to say, I'm getting antsy to spend some time at the range when I come back to Houston for the holidays.

Goodnight from 13 hours ahead...

Being as you're from Texas, be sure to walk in wearing your cowboy boots & hat, tell them you'll give them lessons, lol....

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    $150 for range fees, pistol rental, and 100 rounds ammo
    Considering I give new shooters free lessons, free range time, free ammo and the use of dozens of guns to try, Yeah, $150 sounds like a lot to me.
    But then I'm not running a business.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Ugh...store your guns elsewhere? What's the point in knowing how to shoot it, if you can't have it with you or stored at your house?

I think these sorts of clubs are common in some countries in Europe as well. In Singapore, private gun ownership is extremely limited... then again Singapore is very safe (although I bet the violent crime rate isn't as low as the statistics make it out to be). The high cost of membership and ownership gives rich singaporeans something to do with their money. There is a lot of wealth (real or perceived I'm not sure) on this tiny island. I've seen more Ferrari's and Lambo's in my two months here than I have the rest of my life.

What is interesting to me is that there is a national service requirement for men, so most all Singaporean men have handled and qualified with rifles and pistols. Once they are done with their service, owning/shooting guns becomes cost prohibitive very quickly. So one day these men can use firearms in protection of their country, but the next they can't use them in protection of themselves or their families. T

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Standard for Hawaii as well (which is a lot closer than 13 hours! :D ). Caters to the Japanese tourists who have never fired a gun in their lives. They do have cheaper packages, the lowest being 26 rounds through a 22 cal. S&W Revolver, 22 cal. Ruger Mk II or IIII and a Ruger 10/22 Rifle for $40 ($30 with coupon), taxes not included; but figuring that's $2.08 worth of ammo at $0.08/round (using the coupon) and less than 10 minutes worth of shooting if you really take your time; it's no deal. To shoot anything even remotely interesting runs in the $300-500 range; and even then the most rounds you get is 100!

Top Bottom