• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Does anyone know what are the stipulations of a 18 year old man owning a pistol in the Great state of Texas. I know that they cant conceal carry but what are the matters of them transporting the pistol to and from the range, Thanks in advance.
    Target Sports

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Can own it if legaly qualified, but cannot purchase handgun or ammo, if they are in the military they can obtain a CHL, however still cannot purchase a handgun or ammo....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Can own it if legaly qualified, but cannot purchase handgun or ammo, if they are in the military they can obtain a CHL, however still cannot purchase a handgun or ammo....

Almost. Cannot purchase from a licensed dealer. Federal law makes NO comment about ownership, but rather possession and transferring.

chris_arnet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    You can't purchase from anyone with an FFL, or a business or anything. Academy, Bass Pro, Dicks, etc. However you can legally buy a handgun from a private seller, i.e. one you might find on here. Also, you can carry a gun around in your car at 18, just can't conceal it on your person. Its the safe transportation law or somethin like that. Im about to buy a WWII 1911 after I get another $500 or so, and im 18.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    We need a thread just to discuss that one.

can%20of%20worms.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Im suprised you didnt catch that Jk and start a whole nother arugment about proper thread titles.

I guess you didn't notice the spelling in the original title. Then again, I don't think you pay attention to spelling. :1zhelp:

But now that you mention it...... :p

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I noticed it just couldnt figure out how to fix it and im not a expert computer ninja nor spelling bee winner by any means, hey i didnt mean to hurt your guys feelers in that other post man for that i apologize to you and alan I guess i shoulda thought about the word nazi b4 I wrote it. I was pretty much telling the op that we had to ride the prices out till they go down and nothing more than that, I think people misinterpret stuff when they cant talk eye to eye.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    My feelers are fine. :p

I use FireFox (I think IE has it too) and use the built in spell check. Find the red underlined words, right click and correct. I couldn't live without it.

Top Bottom