Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I've got a GSG 1911 chambered in 22LR, looks like this:

1628532932530.png

I got it in a trade with a friend of mine who wanted an AK I have that I never used and it is a blast to shoot! It does NOT like low velocity ammo and it lets you know it, but the hi-vel copper coated HP's work like a charm! It works just like my full size 1911 and it's got very little recoil. If anyone is in the market for one, it's a nice little plinker! I changed to grips to these:

1628533156403.png

Just cause I had them laying around and it looks really cool!

gsg 1911 grips changed.png

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Cool. But let's expand the thread.

Besides the GSG, what other .22LR 1911s are available as full pistols (instead of just conversion kits on dedicated frames)?

Of those, which is the best?

Personally, I really hate that I missed out on getting a Kimber back when they were easily available.

Does anybody have the scaled-down Browning and, if you do, what do you think about it?

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX

Besides the GSG, what other .22LR 1911s are available as full pistols (instead of just conversion kits on dedicated frames)?

Personally, I really hate that I missed out on getting a Kimber back when they were easily available.

Does anybody have the scaled-down Browning and, if you do, what do you think about it?
    There are others but I have the one in the OP and was just giving a heads up on it. Colt makes one, Sig, Chiappa, do as well. They're a lot of fun.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The GSG is a fine choice.
    My experience with the Browning 1911-22 was negative. The one I had was bad about chamber back blast. It was necessary to wear I protection when firing it. Accuracy was meh
    The Chiappa guns are trash DO NOT buy.
    The Kimber gun is nice.
    Marvel conversions are nice but pricey.
    One of these days I’ll score a Colt Ace.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The GSG is a fine choice.
    My experience with the Browning 1911-22 was negative. The one I had was bad about chamber back blast. It was necessary to wear I protection when firing it. Accuracy was meh
    The Chiappa guns are trash DO NOT buy.
    The Kimber gun is nice.
    Marvel conversions are nice but pricey.
    One of these days I’ll score a Colt Ace.
    The last Colt Ace I saw in person was at a shop in IL about 10 yrs ago. It was minty but IIRC they had it marked @ $7000. They had it for a while but it eventually sold.

I owned a GSG 1911 22lr years ago but traded it off for one reason or another. It ran OK but not great. My brother owns a "Colt" branded Umarex 1911 22lr. I believe he has had the same experience with it as I did with the GSG.

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My memory is not always crystal clear, but I remember having a 1911 .22 marketed and marked as "Colt" - rampant Colt and all, that was also marked, "Walther". That would have been about 10 years ago.
    It functioned fine, but in the end I prefer my Ruger Mark I, II, & III's.
    I believe Browning made a scaled down 1911 in 380 ACP. A friend of mine has one and loves it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The Colt Ace made in the 1970’s usually sell in the neighborhood of $1500-2000.
    The early ones from the 1930’s bring a lot more.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The Colt Ace made in the 1970’s usually sell in the neighborhood of $1500-2000.
    The early ones from the 1930’s bring a lot more.
    IIRC it was manufactured in 1937. It had everything that came with it from the factory, possibly never fired. The shop had it in its own locked display box with a note attached that basically said, if you don't have the money...don't ask to see it.

HoustonDave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2021
    Texas
    The Sig IS the GSG. Same gun, marketed by two companies. Only issue I had was with front sight being too low, acquired a taller front sight and it has been a winner ever since. Now, if they would only do something about that Alladin's-shoe grip safety...

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

I have a Colt made by Walther 1911 which cost me way less than a Colt .22 conversion kit. The sight gap needs attention in order to match up with my Kimber.. the trigger pull is already adjusted to match.

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    It’s a conversion, but Advantage Arms makes a nice Target version for $350 give or take. I shoot master level scores with mine. I did just order a steel slide Marvel that is nearly 3x that cost. (Just because). Maybe it’ll add 5 points to my scores. But for the money the AA really delivers. 1 1/2” 50 yard groups are achievable with decent ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I have the little Browning. It shoots great and a lot of fun, Figure it will be a way to introduce the grandkids to 1911’s. You know, start ‘em off right.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I like to have a .22 version of my more serious guns. In addition to a snub nosed J frame sized revolver, I have an Advantage Arms conversion for my mid sized Glocks and a CMMG kit for my AR(s). Both run well with and without a can.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom