• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    My Grandfather loved guns, he lent his personal doctor some fancy target competition 1911 that was apparently chambered in .22

My Grandfather passed away and the doctor kept the 1911. I need help tracking this bozo down and asking him to return whats rightfully my family's possesion.

We have the SN# and this was in Palmdale, CA

This Dr is shady and appears to be unable to keep a practice open very long before moving and setting up shop somewhere else.

All attempts at locating him prove to be out-of-date or no response.

I really don't want to face the facts that he may have sold it, I'm hoping this pistol is still in his possession even AFTER he went to prison for medicare fraud.

Anyone who can do background checks or look up people please PM me.
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Your best bet would be to file a theft report in the city where this happened. As an heir, you DO have legal standing in recovering his personal property. If I were betting, though, I'm afraid it'd be that it's long gone - but if you can get it listed as "stolen", you MIGHT recover it some day.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Same thing as if you lent someone your car and they refused to bring it back. Report it as stolen and give law enforcement all of the information you have. Then follow up but don't become a neusance.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Hudson,

Based on the information you have provided there a two agencies where I would start a search. If it's suspected he is still in California then the regulating body for physicians (State Board of Medial Examiners, etc.) that is assuming he still has a medical license and the state parole board/agency, assuming he might still be on parole. Some information from those agencies can be found with an online search and at no cost. As others have suggested I would definitely file a theft report with the Palmdale PD.

hardcase60

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    What's the doctors name. I lived in Palmdale for a while and was in the local fin and feather club and high desert marksmanship club.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    criminals dont turn over guns to police

I understand that you are trying to reach your minimum posts so that you can start posting classifieds but bumping all of these old threads with a single, generalized sentence that adds nothing to the discussion is likely to piss more people off than you think.

Top Bottom