• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've been concidering installing one of those "drop in trigger jobs" on my SA Loaded, as sold by Brownells. I'm thinking about the set up that offeres up a 4 lb trigger, and at the same time, I'd install a Wilson light weigt trigger. I know I can do the work to install it, but am wondering if anyone has done this, and how it's worked out. This is not a carry gun, or one I would probably use for HD. Just range fun. Right now, according to my cheap-0 trigger gauge, I'm at almost 7 lbs.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Is there a reason you just wouldn't do a trigger job and get it down to wherever you want it? Usually a smith would do that for $50 or so, if that.

I just don't trust that anything is drop in for 1911's. Some things actually are, but there's usually never a guarantee.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Actually I had that done already, and what I got was what they said was the best they they could do without replacing parts (sear, hammer, main spring et al). And, the very sloppy trigger, is really what I dislike the most so least case I'll be replacing that, and figured as long as I had the whole thing apart, I might as well do it all.

I appreciate your input. I'm in no rush on this, so I'll mull it over for a bit.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Actually I had that done already, and what I got was what they said was the best they they could do without replacing parts (sear, hammer, main spring et al). And, the very sloppy trigger, is really what I dislike the most so least case I'll be replacing that, and figured as long as I had the whole thing apart, I might as well do it all.

I appreciate your input. I'm in no rush on this, so I'll mull it over for a bit.

Oh, then it's got problems. I'd probably go the new trigger group route too then.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I've been considering installing one of those "drop in trigger jobs" on my SA Loaded, as sold by Brownell's. I'm thinking about the set up that offerers up a 4 lb trigger, and at the same time, I'd install a Wilson light weight trigger. I know I can do the work to install it, but am wondering if anyone has done this, and how it's worked out. This is not a carry gun, or one I would probably use for HD. Just range fun. Right now, according to my cheap-0 trigger guage, I'm at almost 7 lbs.
    C&S makes quality kits.
    I put the Tactical II kit in my Comat Elite and it pulls just at or under 4lbs.
    If you go for the ultra light match pulls ~ I am sure they can be done but not being a gunsmith I had a problem with hammer follow that I could not get rid of when I tried the Ultra Match 3.5 kit. It had a lighter hammer and a lighter sear. Guess it take more finesse that I have to work right. YMMV

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Hey everyone... I am asking all the 1911 Guru's.

I bought this Springfield Armory PX9154LP / Loaded Full Size Black Stainless Steel Combat 45 ACP. I think I am going to be real happy with it. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering. Your opinions are welcome. I know some of this will depend on the look that I want and my preferences, but I’m looking for advice from someone that may have already tried some of these things.

1. What are the pros n cons of 1 verse 2 piece full length guide rods as for function, reliability, and accuracy?
    2. I am thinking of installing a Titanium firing pin. What do you think?
    3. I want to change to an Ambidextrous Extended Thumb Safety. I do plan to carry it as concealed. Should I go with the normal one or the Tactical one that states that it was designed for concealed carry?
    4. What do you think of the Wilson Combat Multi-Comp Compensator for the 1911? Similar to the one in the Punisher movies.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Hey everyone... I am asking all the 1911 Guru's.

I bought this Springfield Armory PX9154LP / Loaded Full Size Black Stainless Steel Combat 45 ACP. I think I am going to be real happy with it. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering. Your opinions are welcome. I know some of this will depend on the look that I want and my preferences, but I’m looking for advice from someone that may have already tried some of these things.

1. What are the pros n cons of 1 verse 2 piece full length guide rods as for function, reliability, and accuracy?
    2. I am thinking of installing a Titanium firing pin. What do you think?
    3. I want to change to an Ambidextrous Extended Thumb Safety. I do plan to carry it as concealed. Should I go with the normal one or the Tactical one that states that it was designed for concealed carry?
    4. What do you think of the Wilson Combat Multi-Comp Compensator for the 1911? Similar to the one in the Punisher movies.
    You might take this into a new thread and get some more looksies. .02

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Navyguy

Go with the C&S kit from Brownells or Midway. I did that with my 1919 made Colt and the only fitting was to the safety which was expected. I got the Tactical II set.

Top Bottom