• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The main downside is that some folks think they need high-cap mags.........

I propose they need marksmanship training - or better friends!

Not really. What if you have to engage multiple attackers. What if it takes 3-5rds to stop an attacker? Well there you can engage maybe 2 attackers before needing a reload. I look at it like this, no one ever died from having too much ammo in their gun. ;)
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hi-cap is for people who plan to miss half the time.
    Double Stack is how you order pancakes.

Seriously, for HD or SD, if you think you need that much ammo you should probably move away from Martin Luther King Blvd, Or Malcolm X Avenue.

Just sayin.

My go-to house gun is an AK with a small magazine. "Small" in this case being 20 rounds. :p I had a 30 in it for a while, but decided to go with something more low-profile and less likely to snag on something in the dark.

I also have a J frame that I can drop in my pocket for doing things like taking the dog into the yard (there have been some strays coming around lately) - I never fell under-gunned with a 5 round .38 S&W caliber revolver. I always feel under-gunned without a gun, though. Funny how that works.

I just shot a 1911 again today for the first time in probably a year. I forgot how terribly scrawny the grip on those guns is. My P220 is a lot more controllable, because there's more to hold onto. :p

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hi-cap is for people who plan to miss half the time.
    Double Stack is how you order pancakes.

Seriously, for HD or SD, if you think you need that much ammo you should probably move away from Martin Luther King Blvd, Or Malcolm X Avenue.

Just sayin.

Comments like these confuse me. I can understand, "Glocks feel like a mishapen brick in my hands" or "I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that thick double-stacked handcannon <or insert gun explitive>"

I know that what fits me, won't fit others. I'm happy with that. I like that. I think there are good, solid reasons to chose to carry and buy most any reliable handgun in a reasonable caliber with modern ammunition. (yes, even those wheel guns)

I don't plan on missing, but the statistics I heard says that police miss 80% of the time. I like my pancakes as triple stacks : )

Statistically speaking, your right about the number of rounds fired in a gunfight. But, as someone else mentioned, no one died from having too much ammo in their gun.

PS-I want a 1911 someday, though maybe after I have my other "need to have" guns.

Top Bottom