1911, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown???

zackmars

Well-Known
Nov 4, 2015
Texas
Not a les baer, they don't do actual proper fitting, and the frames have too much meat on them

Les baer, from what I've heard, is a total prick when it comes to customer service

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
The Guncrafter in the classifieds is freaking badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
Guncrafter, hands down.

I have examined Guncrafter side by side with other semicustomers like EB and Nighthawk. {Haven't had the opportunity to do that with WC.}

Guncrafter had noticeably better craftsmanship, fit and finish. Guncrafter has the best craftsmanship I have ever seen in a pistol. They are great people as well. I had bought a used Guncrafter which had a flush cut slide stop. I don't care for those. Had called and asked GI about getting a regular slide stop installed, but didn't get around to sending it in. Sometime later, sent the GI in for one of their checkups as I had bought it used. They replaced the slide stop even though I did not ask them to do so. Don't know how they even remembered.

Baer is not in the same category as the others mentioned.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
I can't say from personal knowledge. The best 1911 I've got is an STI, but they've gone a different direction now. A lot of people buy a really nice, expensive 1911 and then leave it in the gun safe. So how good is that pistol? Well, it cost a lot and it looks cool, but ...?

Of the 1911s I've seen at the gun range, the one that impresses me the most is Ed Brown. I actually approached one guy and asked if he would consider selling it. Nope. He and his son took turns hitting bullseyes all afternoon. Forget about someone's safe queen, the ones that put lead in the right place every time are the ones that should impress.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads