1911 parts ?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by riggergreg, Nov 6, 2009.

1. riggergreg

riggergreg Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Where is the best place to get aftermarket parts for my Springfield Ultra Compact? I want to change out the ambidextrous thumb safety to a single sided and maybe a couple other minor upgrades and want good parts to use.

Also, what are the best magazines for the 1911?

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Brownells has a good assortment. They carry a lot of the C&S parts which are top quality. Or C&S direct would work.

3. TimberWolf7.62

TimberWolf7.62 Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Wilson Combat, King's Gun Works are a couple. As a matter of fact, I have a couple of Wilson extended safeties new and unused, that I'll sell for cheaper than their list price if you or anyone is interested. I'll dig them out and look at the part numbers if anyone wants.

4. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    wilson 47d's are always strongly recommended.

JOe

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    As Navyguy said, Brownell's. I've gotten a ton of parts and always been satisfied. They pretty much carry most the brands you'll find at individual sites.

6. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    on another forum i read that wilson's & springers don't always match. i've never used them so i may be carrying a wrong message; it was mostly guys w/trps that passed that on.
    my personal experience is mecgar mags are the best(for my guns)! now i have an operator w/magwell and it won't accomodate my mecgars.
    the mecgars are built just like the wilsons; when you load the first round the little piece under the bullet can't move forward out of the mag like it does on my springer and kimber mags!
    also, the mecgars are 8 rounders.

7. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    navyguy, i believe brownells would be cheaper on C&S parts than C&S themselves.
    my .02

8. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I got parts for mine at Fusion. Good products and service. I only use Wilson mags too. They function better than anything else I have tried in that pistol.

9. mclarenross

mclarenross Member

Glad Im not the only one who doesnt like an ambi-safty. I put a straight up USGI one in my gun and couldnt be happier.

10. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Wilson Combat, Chip McCormick, Tripp Research.