• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I bought two Stainless II Kimbers for just under 800 each. Not sure if the extra $ is a no-go or if you can even find one now.

Not much help, but figured I'd mention it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you're looking for new, Rock Island and Taurus are about all that is in tha price range. Maybe a Springfiield GI.

Gently used, a Springfield Loaded is an excellent buy and should be in that price range.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    a real colt for $700?? wow

I saw a pt1911 taurus at academy for $649 last night, Im thinking on that.

The rock island armory 1911 looks ok, however since its cheaper wouldnt the availability be an issue?

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Blue Taurus PT1911 are $579 at Academy when they are in stock; love mine. RIA runs between $350 and $550 depending on what model you buy if you can find one. Online Sarco usually has them and sometimes Centerfire Systems. Look at prices on GunDealerOnline as well for all 1911's. Good luck in beginning a costly addiction.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Yea real Colt's if you consider a 80 series real some don't but our local shop had a .38 super in stainless for a lil over 700.00 last time I was there.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well I hope it wont be, I have other addictions to reloading,cars, and power tools. Just looking for a basic 1911 blued. Ok heres my other question. If I find like a rifle and or handgun in the shotgun news etc, would I take that ad up to a FFL (like the buttercup creek gun shop) and then they can order it plus whatever their fee is?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think Springfields are great buys for the money. I can find the 5" GI model for $570 here. I can find a loaded model for a little more, but it'll have upgraded sights, grip safety etc.

For Colts, they're generally $50-$150 higher for comparable models. The 1991 lineup was Colt's "less expensive" lineup so if you can find one of those (ORM), you're close to $700. They also just went to a new roll mark that may or may not drive up the price. That will depend on the gun store.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If I find like a rifle and or handgun in the shotgun news etc, would I take that ad up to a FFL (like the buttercup creek gun shop) and then they can order it plus whatever their fee is?

Not really. First, contact the seller and arrange payment. He/She will need to provide you with a fax number or mailing address. Take that contact info down to your FFL dealer, and have them fax or mail the seller a copy of their FFL. The seller will then ship the firearm to the FFL dealer, where you will pick it up and pay the fee.

Top Bottom