• ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    That was a really good shot.

During my last 15 years or so of deer hunting I used a handgun. When I started hunting with a bow there was just no challenge to using a rifle, so it was a bow during archery season and a handgun during general season.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dang, I was shooting steel at 75 yards with pistols last weekend and I don't think I'd be comfortable enough to take a 100 yard shot with one. Impressive

Sent from one of those newfangled pocket computers using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Since the John M Browning Model of 1911 and 1911A1 were only available in 45ACP until the mid 30's when the 38 Super came out. Can any other caliber be called a 1911? John Browning died in 1926 so probably had nothing to do with the other calibers.

Just stirring the pot! :rolleyes:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    And none of them were done by John Browning. If you're going to call a pistol a 1911 it seems you should also specify the caliber.

Blonde_zps5a02e54c.gif

Attachments

• Blonde_zps5a02e54c.gif
      Blonde_zps5a02e54c.gif
      335.8 KB · Views: 274

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Towards the end of the video he said it was Doubletap 200 gr. Hard cast. And it went all of the way through the body with a broadside hit of the heart.
    Thanks - I watched it this morning and didn't have time to finish it before I needed to go to work.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I've shot 1911s for over 45 years. I would never think of shooting at an animal with one at that distance.
    I tried bow hunting several years ago. Sounded cool and made it seem like much more of a challenge.
    I bought the latest compound bow equipment I could afford. I started shooting in 3D archery tournaments to get skilled enough to attempt hunting a deer with a bow.
    My first attempt to collect a deer ended my bow hunting career. I had become very proficient shooting 3D tournaments. The first deer I shot flinched and my arrow entered higher than I had intended. The deer ran off. We found it the next day tangled in a barbed wire fence and it had been partially eaten by other wild animals.
    If I am going to hunt something, I want to make sure I get an instant and humane kill.
    That is just my opinion.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Wow. I was impressed with the way Hickock45 can ring that 75 yard gong with a snubby, but this is a whole other level. Personally I'd feel undergunned in that situation with anything less than a .303

Cool hunt and definitely good on the hunter and guide.

But let’s be real here. He made that shot with shooting sticks, no wind, in a comfortable position, and with what I suspect was a quality red dot sight. I am sure he’s done some practice at that range, and I’d guess his gun is tuned pretty well. And his kill zone was probably an 10 inch circle minimum.

Hickok does all his shooting off hand and often with different guns and Federal America Eagle range ammo.

Top Bottom