• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alovarxe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2018
    San antonio
    Looking for someone whos capable of fitting a 1911 trigger in central texas in a timely manner. Its an STI Staccato P 2011 but has all the same 1911 mechanics. Normally id just send it to Staccato in Georgetown but im on a bit of a time crunch right now.

Anyone in the san antonio/austin area capable of this job?

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    You have trigger job in the thread title, but then say fitting a trigger......fitting a trigger is not hard, I have done many....just go slow and constantly check fit. By slow I mean sloooow.....maybe one or two hits with a file then check again.
    I will mot do a trigger job, at least at this point, as I am not comfortable with touching the sear and hammer engagements.

I think Harrison Design has a video on fitting triggers, but certainly there are some on the web.

I don't know any trusty smiths for 1911 work around here, although I am sure there are some good ones.

Alovarxe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2018
    San antonio
    You have trigger job in the thread title, but then say fitting a trigger......fitting a trigger is not hard, I have done many....just go slow and constantly check fit. By slow I mean sloooow.....maybe one or two hits with a file then check again.
    I will mot do a trigger job, at least at this point, as I am not comfortable with touching the sear and hammer engagements.

I think Harrison Design has a video on fitting triggers, but certainly there are some on the web.

I don't know any trusty smiths for 1911 work around here, although I am sure there are some good ones.
    Ah gotcha, im new to the 1911/2011 platform but it shoots so damn well in my hands. Yeah it just needs fitting for an atlas vario flat trigger. Ive highly considered doing it myself considering I already changed the grip module and fitted the new front sight but i feel its easy to mess up. Did you do yours on a 2011 style?

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    Mine have been all on 1911's. The 2011 has a much wider trigger bow for the double stack mag, but I believe it to be essentially the same. I have never owned a 2011, so I have no direct knowledge.
    A good trigger should be oversized, and need to be fitted to the individual frame (almost all parts need to be fitted to a 1911). First part is the height, which requires slowly filing. The first one I did I got a bit hasty, and it had a very small amount of vertical play. I have since redone that one, as properly done there is no vertical play (and they had a sale on triggers...lol).
    Pretravel and overtravel are handled differently, and depend on the trigger you are fitting.
    I agree the platform "shoots so damn well".....and the trigger is a big part of that. It is not that all complicated, and although has more parts than other types I find it generally easy to work on.
    And quite therapeutic.

Top Bottom