• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    For all you 1911 shooters out there. I just dropped a Cylinder and Slide 5 piece hammer and sear kit in my 1919 Colt. It now has a better trigger than my Wilson CQB and Baer Concept X. Had to do some fitting on the thumb safety but other than that it was drop-in. Took it to the range and did all the safety checks, 2 round, 3 rounds, 5 rounds each 5 times no hammer follow. Works perfect. Just too easy. No stoneing required.
    Gun Zone Deals

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At some point I want to get a matched set like this for my 1911. After looking at C&S website, their prices are really good and their 5 piece kit seems to be about as drop-in as it gets.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Good to hear the set came out well. I'm looking to get that done to my Commander when I finally get home and get ahold of it. I would like to use the short(narrow) trigger instead of the longer one that's on there now. My weeee hands just can't get around it as comfortable as I'd like. A high grip BT ought to rememdy that, along with the slim grips I have just itching to find their place.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Yeah the C&S kit is great and Midway has a better price that C&S direct does. I still have to put a Commander grip safety on it and when I do that, I think I will bend the sear spring a little so I get a slightly heavier pull. This set has no creep and it goes bang without any hesitation. Because it has an 18 pd mainspring, I will probably up the rate on the recoil spring to 18 or 18.5 just to help out with the recoil some.

I always hit the X with my first shot. I need to stop after one shot because it is all down hill from there.:banghead:

rick458

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    La Porte
    My Kimber had a nice trigger from the factory, but it started getting very light resets(in some cases less than 1 lb) this is my Carry piece so that was a no go
    I ordered the Cylinder and Slide Tactical 2 set and dropped it in and adjusted the trigger for take up, very nice trigger feel 4 lb ish clean break, all is good

Sal1911a1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    El Paso
    oh my

Wow it goes bang with out hesitation, 18lbs main spring
    that sound a little lite for me

how is the hammer bounce, you will over a short time have hammer follow,

a heavy recoil spring will not help with a lite main spring, you see springs work in two directions, thats alot of force on the slide and frame going foward, not to bring up the front sight moving all around with each shot from the slide slaming foward way too hard.

Also messing with the guns timing could open other problems, ( short cycle, hammer bounce etc)

Also a C and S sear spring could be a tad weak, bending will only help for a short time

a cary gun should be around 5 to 6 lbs

C and S do make pretty good stuff, I have seen a bunch, I do like Ed Brown a tad better

Try a 16lbs recoil and a 23lbs mainspring you might be surprised how the gun handles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Saginaw
    Actually I dont agree 3 1/2 to 4 is a better for carry gun, and this is speaking from experience with having to use ones firearm but that just my two cents....

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Midway, they run sales on them periodically and are cheaper than C&S to start with. You may have to fit your safety to the sear, other than that, just a drop in. They are pre stoned and polished and fit to a colt for function at C&S (the 5 part kit).

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Wow you have shot 2k .45 rounds in 6 months... Ive probably shot 2k rounds of .22, 9mm, .40,.45,.223.,.308, and 12 gauge combined in the last 6 months :) Im proud of you.

Top Bottom