1911s

Glenn B

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
Not a big fan of 1911s even though I have four 1911 style pistols. I guess my favorite is my latest, the GSR SIG Arms Revolution RCS .45 ACP. 4" barrel, stainless steel:

Sig Arms GSR Revolution RCS auction left 1.jpg
Sig Arms GSR Revolution RCS auction left 2.jpg
Sig Arms GSR Revolution RCS auction right 1.jpg

Attachments

TJjerry

Nov 5, 2019
Magnolia, tx
View attachment 214465
The Springfield a 4 inch has performed flawlessly with anything I feed it. Has integrated feed ramp as the 3.5 inch Remington that I just picked up in March. It has had some issues with ftf due to too tight an extractor. Also the drop safety plunger is stuck in the up position and I can't remove the extractor to make mods. (damn series 80) Since I don't have a sight pusher or a good brass punch I have not removed the sight to solve the issue. It is getting better, just needs some tweaks like many 1911s. I bought it because I really like the rounded butt, who doesn't, and would like to carry it.
The ATI, well what can I say. My first 1911 and yet it made me a pretty damn good 1911 'mechanic'. I don't want to disrespect educated Gunsmiths. I studied everything I could find about 1911s and got this thing running dependably. It is just a bit heavy being all steel, but now has an excellent trigger and is very accurate.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
View attachment 214465
The Springfield a 4 inch has performed flawlessly with anything I feed it. Has integrated feed ramp as the 3.5 inch Remington that I just picked up in March. It has had some issues with ftf due to too tight an extractor. Also the drop safety plunger is stuck in the up position and I can't remove the extractor to make mods. (damn series 80) Since I don't have a sight pusher or a good brass punch I have not removed the sight to solve the issue. It is getting better, just needs some tweaks like many 1911s. I bought it because I really like the rounded butt, who doesn't, and would like to carry it.
The ATI, well what can I say. My first 1911 and yet it made me a pretty damn good 1911 'mechanic'. I don't want to disrespect educated Gunsmiths. I studied everything I could find about 1911s and got this thing running dependably. It is just a bit heavy being all steel, but now has an excellent trigger and is very accurate.
Some of us don't like bobtailed 1911's. I don't like the look (especially) or the feel. Maybe it something for those with smaller hands.

But if someone else prefers them, more power to them.

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
Conroe tx
My first 1911 was an ATI. Outstanding gun for the price. I love shooting it, and I can’t wait until my Ruger gets broke in like it. It’s still a little stiff, while the ATI is like butter!
View attachment 214569

I thought about that one, I didn’t like the roll marks.
I ended up just getting a Springfield Milspec. I have owned other Springfield pistols and loved them.

CodyK

Sep 5, 2019
Houston
I thought about that one, I didn’t like the roll marks.
I ended up just getting a Springfield Milspec. I have owned other Springfield pistols and loved them.
Yeah, they definitely take away from the mil spec feel I wanted. But it was $320 I think on a Black Friday sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom