• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    Here is a photo of my two current production Series 70 Colts.

IMG_0898.jpg

The other photograph shows my three Colt Commanders. The XSE Lightweight nickel/stainless on top, followed by the blue Model 04691, with a Model 04091U stainless on the bottom. The one on the bottom currently wears cocobolo medallion stocks in place of the pictured rubber stocks.

IMG_1379.jpg

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Aw man, I am SOOOOO jonesing for one of those Commanders!

Me too. Be careful lusting after those Colt Combat Commanders. They do have a way of getting to you. I got interested in them at the Houston Gun Show a few weeks back. One thing led to another and the price kept going up for the gun plus desired gunsmithing tuneup and improvements. Before long, I just gave up and ordered a new Wilson 4" Professional exactly like I wanted it. Hope to get it sometime this month.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    No current photos of them, but at present I have a Kimber Custom TLE II and two S&W 1911SC's, one full size and one bob-tailed commander-size.

I love 1911's because I shoot better with them than with any other handgun I've ever had or tried. My TLE II is my all-time favorite so far; so satisfying to shoot! The bob-tailed Smith is my favorite concealed carry weapon but I still alternate it with the full-size Kimber.

One of these days I plan to buy a Wilson CQB, but haven't decided which size and options yet.

R.Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston, TX
    YES!!! Fool with me or my guns and your a dead man.

Congratulations R. Scott, you will receive a new 1911 of your choice........:D

I've had my eye on a 70 series repro to build on. Something to pass on to my son someday. I'll take one in stainless please. :p

RDM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I just picked up a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry II, mirror finish with the night sights

Robbzilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Euless, TX
    I've been seriously considering a Springfield GI model... those are some sweet pistols for the price! (A new one can be had for under $500)

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It's my Colt
    No wait
    It's my Kimber
    No wait
    It's my Springer
    No wait
    It's my Les Baer

It's like I tell my kids I love one of you more than the rest but I won't tell you which one.... Amazing how nice they've been since I did that!

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    OK, I am going to admit to doing one of the dumbest things I have ever done in my life. I regret it to this day and wish I still had it. I sold a Gold Cup National Match eight years ago for $400.00. :( Whats worse is the fact that I can't even remember why I sold it. I sure wish I had it now. I believe I bought it from my Dad for about $200.00 and it was in "like new" condition.:(:(:( I am so ashamed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom