• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Post up your favorite 1911s, your own 1911s, and let me know why you love the pistol.

grips.jpg

That's my Custom II, it has Wilson Micarta grips, Wilson Adj. sights (not pictured), and I use Wilson's 47D mags. I also picked up a Chip McCormick 10rd. Power Mag recently but haven't had the chance to try it out.

I simply love the control you get with a 1911. The weight of the gun offsets movement, the frame is nice and slim so you can get alot of coverage on it, and it's supremely accurate for a factory pistol, moreso than I am for sure!

I had always liked them because I'm a history buff, esp. WWII, and one day I just decided to buy the Kimber. I've been through other pistols, and just haven't found anything that will ever come close to the feel of the 1911.
    Lynx Defense

RIATAC45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My cheap 1911 by Rock Island. :D The only mods so far is the removal of the ambi safety, and the PITA FLGR, some Esmeralda's grips, Pearce finger groove inserts, Wolff 16# recoil spring, and an EGW firing pin stop. It is my first 1911, but shore as the world won't be my last. My next one will be a custom build. Caspian Recon frame with a Damascas slide, still working on the funds for that one!

IMGP0715.jpg

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Mine's my avatar, but I think it deserves a bigger pic. It's a '70's era Gov't model Mark IV. The beavertail grip safety was installed as well as a match barrel. It had Hogue rubber grips installed when I bought it. They were nice, but I liked the natural rosewood grips. I found a set of wood grips with the rubber finger molds for the best of both worlds. Next is a set of Trijicon sights.

MrKimber44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    DSC00383.jpg

Posted it before, but I have to add it to the 1911 thread. My only one at the moment (I had to sell some toys that didn't see much action to help finance a new project.) The others I've had were 2 Kimber Custom II's, Kimber Pro Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, and Colt 1991. I will have others, but they will have to wait.

Next one will be this model...
    StreamlightTLR-1003.jpg

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is my springfield loaded 1911A1. She has 17,250 documented rounds through her. Bought ready for a nice revamp, and some upgrades here and there. I'm not a huge fan of the pachmayr grips. I'm more of a gunner grip kinda guy. I have some on order, just waiting for them to show. Been through many a tactical class with her, and too many days in the field to count. Besides the NHC Vickers Tactical 1911, I have never loved shooting a pistol as much as this one. She just will not quit.

1911A1.jpg

This is my "fighting pistol". A Colt MK IV series 80 1911 officer's ACP. She is a Hans Vang custom, one of the first 3.5" 1911's to be fitted with the heavy cone type match barrels. Between the origional owner, and myself, she has about 3,000 rounds through her. 2,500 have been documented. Need to get her to a 'smith for some dovetailing and new sights. Last time out, the staked on front sight decided to take a leave of absence. Love the gunner grips, soon to have an extended slide stop, and new grip saftey. Lovely to shoot, but I still prefer my SA.

19110f.jpg

Going to be saving some money up to invest in a Vickers Tactical 1911 w/ light rail. Hopefully I get the money before they discontinue production.

Chuck

Formula-95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    here are mine

kimber 'polymer custom' double stack 1911. no mods. bought used, got a hell of a deal on it.
    DSC01175.jpg

my newest, S&W 'GUNSITE' 1911
    DSC01174.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

love this gun

Kaptain Kolache

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Mine is a Colt MKIV Series 80.

Thus far I've installed a Smith & Alexander(S&A) FMH Magwell, an S&A BTGS, and a Wilson Combat extended ambi-safety. Eventually I will replace quite a bit of the internals, using Hilton Yam's 10-8Performance Parts and Modifications as my bible. Please see: http://10-8performance.com/id11.html

I use Chip McCormick 8rd PowerMags exclusively, because of multiple failures with other brands, including Wilsons.

My carry ammo is the 230gr Winchester Ranger Talon(RA45T), however as it becomes more scarce, I am looking at Federal HST.

Anywyas, here goes:

104_5601.gif

104_5609.gif

104_5607.gif

Kenmore washers make an excellent background.

R.Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston, TX
    This is my TLE II. I love it because it just feels right. Wife got it for me on valentine's day '07. I love this pistol because it's digested everything I've ever fed it without a hiccup.

TLE2_sml.jpg

TLE22_sml.jpg

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    my new Para

I just got it and ran the 400 round test on it to make sure it is reliable for CCW.400 rounds without a hiccup.
    toddguninsurance040.gif

Top Bottom