ARJ Defense ad

WTS 1938 Mosin Nagant Rifle (Dallas Area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have a Mosing Nagant rifle I am offering for sale. The number 1938 is stamped on the top of the receiver, but I think production of this rifle actually began in 1939. I yield to the more knowledgeable guys. The receiver, bolt, and bayonet all have the same number stamped on them. It looks like NM3600.

I have owned this rifle for at least ten years and have never fired it. I bought it to add to my military arms collection. I was hoping this rifle may have been used in WWII to dispatch some Nazis.
    Attached is a photo of the rifle, bayonet, tool pouch, rifle sling, and the two original packages of ammo. I have two factory boxes of Winchester 7.62x54R ammo I will include in the deal.
    Pardon the garage floor presentation, but that was the only way I could get the entire length of the rifle in a photo.

I looked the rifle over last night. There is no rust visible on the rifle and the bore is shiny. It is obvious this rifle was refinished before it was imported to the US. Overall it is in good shape.
    I will take $400 for this rifle in a locale deal. I would have to talk to my FFL to see if he would be able to ship the rifle. Shipping would be on you.
    Let me know if this is something you would like to own.
    Thanks.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• Mosin Nagant.jpg
      Mosin Nagant.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 397

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I know it is considered an antique/relic.
    My FFL is much more adept at shipping items than I am. He charges me $10 to manage a shipment. I consider that a good deal considering I don't have to box it up or go to a shipping center. Money well spent.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    As I told another interested buyer, I will let this run until next Friday. If no one decides to buy the rifle by then I will take it to my FFL. He will list it on GunBroker at a higher price.
    I would prefer to keep it local and know that someone in this area is enjoying the rifle.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ok. Negotiations with the bank in progress. Might cost me a lot to pry the money out.

What part of Dallas?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I work in the North Plano area and live in the East Richardson area.
    Attached is a photo of the top of the receiver your guys recommended. I am not familiar with what it means.
    Contacted FFL friend. He said shipping costs would be $40 due to the rifle's length.

Attachments

• NAGANT RECEIVER.jpg
      NAGANT RECEIVER.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 198
    Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    1938 M91/30 built in Izhevsk (arrow in triangle) with the Soviet Crest Barrel shank (hammer and sickle in wreath at top) which has a round receiver and has been refurbished (the box with the line through it).

Not sure what the top proof (sideways 3, or a 'w,' in a box?) is or the one to the left of it.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Update on sale items. I happened to be looking around through the ammo I have in my closet last night and found I have four boxes of factory Winchester 7.62x54R ammo for this rifle. That makes a total of two original packages of ammo and four factory Winchester boxes of ammo. With today's prices, that is probably over one hundred dollars in ammo.
    I will not be in my office tomorrow to monitor this sale. I have a funeral to attend. If anyone decides to buy this rifle you can text me at 214-477-7360. I get a lot of "robo" calls, so I would probably not answer a phone call from a number I didn't recognize.
    I will also extend this sale until Monday.

Top Bottom