• ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    1941 White M2 Half Track - Government Liquidation

1941 running and rebuilt M2 half-track at government auction.

If you want to bug out in style, this may be for you....

1941 White M2 Half track. Serial # 233019, Ordnance # 3735. California licensed and street legal. Powered by a White 160AX, 386 cubic inch 6 cylinder 148 horse power gasoline engine. 4 speed transmission with hi-low transfer case. Front wheel drive can be unlocked for on the road driving. This Half Track was converted by the military to the M2A1 configuration but was restored over 10 years, back to the M2 configuration. Many major components such as the engine, front axle assembly, wiring harnesses, gauge clusters, bogie wheels, glass, were purchased NOS (new old stock) and the engine has approximately 1500 miles on it. The Half Track was disassembled and completely rebuilt, all bearings were replaced or inspected and serviced. The transmission was rebuilt with new gears and shafts. U joints were replaced and NOS tracks installed. The PTO winch works good and has new cable. The Half Track starts easily and runs good and has very good brakes. The Half Track has 3, 30 caliber machine gun mounts, 2 Thompson Sub-gun mounts, fold down rear storage mounts, large tree saws, pick and shovel, rear top bows, rear mounted phone (not connected), black out lights and very good tires and tracks. Comes with a battery maintainer. 2, 20 gallon fuel tanks, currently operating on one tank only. This half track has no oil leaks. Overall a very nice quality restoration of a historically significant WWII fighting vehicle, and you can drive it. Please contact Doug at 530-333-3399 with any questions or to make an appointment for viewing the 1941 White M2 Half Track. For information on how to create an account and/or how to bid on Government Liquidation, please call 480-367-1300. We encourage you to come out and see the vehicle at the location. California buyers, vehicles will be registered at this site. Out of state buyers will receive a clear CA title to complete transfer in home state.

Lynx Defense

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    WANT the road rage bully bar!

57108249_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    If I was still living in New Orleans I would get it for flood days to pick the kids up from school. Shoot it might be fun to get in order to pick the kids up from school here in Katy.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Are most M2's gas powered? I always assumed they were diesel.
    No. In fact very few of our vehicles, either soft-skinned or armored were powered by diesel. Our M4 Sherman tanks were laughingly referred to as "Ronsons" for their dependability in lighting up when hit by a German AT gun. The M2 Sheman and M3 Lee were powered by aircraft radial engines and the M4 variously a Chrysler 30 cylinder-5 bank engine or the massive Ford GAA V8 until late in the war.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    The bids at $25, I would love to bid on it but getting it back to Texas would cost mint!! Dam it's tempting.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm looking at that bid as well! If it was local, I would have no problem bidding up to $500 for that bad boy. I'm sure this one will sky-rocket pretty soon. I'm guessing it'll get at least $15K.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    My guess is that it will go in the $20k - $25K range.

You would be surprised what you can rent it out to film companies for on a daily rate. They can be a real cash cow. Plus I doubt that it is going to lose any value as long as it is maintained. Now finding a mechanic and parts for it may be challenging...
    Jay Leno may buy it, but he probably already has two of them, and he is out of work now...

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Not only can I wrench on it-I can get official ARMY publication manuals for it through people that not just anyone can go through. Parts, I'm 75% sure I can get. One of yall buy it and hire me as your mechanic. :D

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Used to volunteer at a military museum in Oregon in Clackamas. Was going to be taught out to work on our old White Scout car and a couple of Liberty trucks. Alas I lost my job and wasn't able to commit as much time as I wanted.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    Up to $18500 as of this morning and the reserve isn't meet yet. I booked marked it I am curious how much it goes for.

Top Bottom