DK Firearms

1959 Apache from Gas Monkey Garage (Lake Jackson)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Dude, the underbody of that thing is immaculate. I sooo wish I had the $$$.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    You're seriously over complicating things. If you turned it upside down, what else would you have to do to make it work? Rotate it so the input is facing forwards again

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom
    Work with me on this. As we stand at the rear of the truck, you and I "flip" the 3rd member and axle tubes by unbolting the leaf springs, then rotate the whole thing 180 degrees latitudally so the left wheel is now on the right and the right wheel is now on the left. The input shaft is still facing forward so no need to rotate the rear end longitudedly. The mounts for the leaf springs are now on the bottom of the axle tubes lowering the vehicle's ride height however the rotation of the wheels is now reversed. What I think the OP has done is simply swapped the axle tubes. Sometimes I over-analyze things.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Work with me on this. As we stand at the rear of the truck, you and I "flip" the 3rd member and axle tubes by unbolting the leaf springs, then rotate the whole thing 180 degrees latitudally so the left wheel is now on the right and the right wheel is now on the left. The input shaft is still facing forward so no need to rotate the rear end longitudedly. The mounts for the leaf springs are now on the bottom of the axle tubes lowering the vehicle's ride height however the rotation of the wheels is now reversed. What I think the OP has done is simply swapped the axle tubes. Sometimes I over-analyze things.

But the top of the tire would then be on bottom. You'd still have forward thrust.

But yes, the hangars were moved and springs installed below.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    The rear end is in the same position as it was, the only difference is that the leaf springs were mounted on top of the axel as stock but now, they moved the axel above the springs as I showed in the picture.

-Bryan

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    The rear end is in the same position as it was, the only difference is that the leaf springs were mounted on top of the axel as stock but now, they moved the axel above the springs as I showed in the picture.

-Bryan

Being an older fella....66....lowering, chopping and channeling was something you had to do to your ride if you really wanted to be cool. Been LMAO reading how some are over complicating the "flipping the axles".

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Being an older fella....66....lowering, chopping and channeling was something you had to do to your ride if you really wanted to be cool. Been LMAO reading how some are over complicating the "flipping the axles".
    Next topic: Did he "build" or did he "assemble" this truck? LOL! (Borrowing from the "Lower Receiver" thread).

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I feel like this thread needs a 65 vw radiator or an 83 vette joke somewhere lol

Very nice truck, and in my favorite color scheme too.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    I am motivated to sell, so I am lowering the asking price to $18,000. If no one is interested, I am going to pull the add and start some upgrades.

-Bryan

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom