ARJ Defense ad

1959 Apache from Gas Monkey Garage (Lake Jackson)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    This is a truck built by Gas Monkey Garage on Fast n Loud on the shows for "Road to Chopper Live". They built this truck in a two part series in December of 2012.

Truck was rebuilt from the ground up and lowered by flipping the axels. Has small oil leak from the pan and rear end seal. All mechanically sound, runs fantastic. Has the original 235 straight 6, 3 speed transmission, all rebuilt. Currently has 550 miles on it.

I can provide additional pictures as needed as well as additional information. I have all receipts of work by myself and the previous owner.

EDIT: I am motivated to sell, so I am lowering the asking price to $18,000. If no one is interested, I am going to pull the add and start some upgrades.

1_zps337ac5f4.gif

6_zpsb208fd53.gif

4_zpsa624cb52.gif

2_zpse65def9d.gif

2_zpse65def9d.gif

3_zpse5d2775f.gif

7_zpsa76025cb.gif
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    WHHHHYYYYY!!!! Are you mad?? I thought you were going to bring it out to the next hicksville meet and we were all going to have fun eyeballing it??? lol

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    What does flipping the axles do?

Look nice, BTW.

There's 2 ways of mounting leaf springs, over the axle or under the axle. Given the same springs, over will be X inches (thickness of the axle tube and spring mount) taller than under.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Ahhh....that makes much more sense. I was thinking front to rear, not above or under leaf springs, flipping over the axle so the mount points are on bottom instead of top. Thanks...see, I am learnable.....;)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My grandfather had a '59, but in that butt ugly green color. Nice ride, good luck with the sale.

Does this one still have the starter button on the floor?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Ahhh....that makes much more sense. I was thinking front to rear, not above or under leaf springs, flipping over the axle so the mount points are on bottom instead of top. Thanks...see, I am learnable.....;)

Not literally flipping the axle ... just cutting/welding the spring mounts where you want them. If you literally flipped the axle over, your fill plug would then be on the bottom, and you would never fill it properly, plus most axles are designed to where the bottom of the pumpkin has a trough that the ring gear runs through, splashing oil around lubing everything.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I have rode in this truck and it's a nice ride. I live in Longview and the original owner that purchased from Gas Monkey grew up with our son and we are very close. He only sold because he had too many toys! LOL. No one will be disappointed with the cool truck.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Flipping the axels lowers it a few inches. As for selling it, I found a 1963 that I would like to replace it with :)

-Bryan
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this. By "flipping" do you mean rotating the rear end 180 degrees since the input shaft still needs to face forward? Wouldn't that then reverse the rotation of the wheels?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this. By "flipping" do you mean rotating the rear end 180 degrees since the input shaft still needs to face forward? Wouldn't that then reverse the rotation of the wheels?

You're seriously over complicating things. If you turned it upside down, what else would you have to do to make it work? Rotate it so the input is facing forwards again

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom