• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Since there are some classic car fans on here I might as well post up my current project.
    It's a 1965 Fairlane 500 with a 289 and 3 speed automatic. I bought it not running and have done all sorts of work to it. My cousin helped me get it running but we hit a wall when it started reading out 3 pounds of oil pressure at idle and constantly over heating. The block has been bored over .030, new pistons/rings, comp cams rv cam, upgraded water pump, oil pump, new radiator, rebuilt power steering pump, rebuilt heads, all new seals and gaskets and so and and so on. This was supposed to be a fun Side project since I have my 58 F100 to drive around when I'm not in my work truck but I'm having to do so much work to it that I am just planning to keep the car and sell the truck... Unless some one falls in love with the car first and makes me an offer on it. :)

Here are some pictures and I will update them as the car nears completion.
    tasedepa.jpg

urupe4eg.jpg
    uzynuny4.jpg
    a7ageta7.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Duckman62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    Cool car. My first car was a 1964 Fairlane 500. My dad bought it from an uncle and gave it to me for my 16th birthday. That was 1978. Man was I pumped! 260 V8 with three on the tree, Thrush sidepipes and Keystone Classic chrome wheels.
    Did alot of wrenching on that old car. It was a great car for learning about how they work. It was my only transportation for the next seven years. Did a few mods as time and money allowed. Four barrel intake, headers, floor shifter, traction bars.
    I hope you have half as much fun as I did, with your project.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Thanks guys, for now I want to try a CLR bath. I've seen people get some cool looking results. After the mechanical stuff is done I've gotta get the wiring redone so it will be a while before I paint it. I can't decide what color though.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    The wiring is there one of the previous owners had the bright idea to try to install a radio deck in the glove compartment by yanking the wires to the side from behind the dash. I should be able to get it straightened out for about the same amount of money as buying the harness. I would like to keep the surface rust but I would like for it to be even through out the car. I'm hoping that the CLR evens everything out and then I can let it build more character also known as sun damage and rust

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Oh ok. I thought you meant to strip and repaint. $200 for all new labeled wiring is hard to beat but I know where you're coming from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I think so I'll search around. My moms husband has 5-6 65 fairlane 500s

sent from the bathroom

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If I find more pictures Ill post them heres 2 of the cars, He has 2 other 2 doors, and a 4 door. Hes looking for a 65 Wagon, and door post car too. Im trying to talk him out of the B/Gas Car. Don't get me lying to you on the engines in all of them I cant remember the Specs off hand.
    My Moms just needs paint the interior is original and looks new
    tn.gif

B/Gas Car
    F4F73C86-1D95-492F-B397-196038D3A380-2225-000002305F4C7E33_zpsc786c876.gif

Last edited:

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Edelbrock manifold and carb are ordered. Still waiting on comp cams to finish the black aluminum valve covers. Once everything is in it can all go back together

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Slowly but surely
    7enumera.jpg

The timing chain that came with my comp cams kit was incorrect, so I have to get a different one sent now
    eba4yzyv.jpg

Top Bottom