• ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Cool story!

My first job after college was for a pipeline company. I remember one of the old guys I worked with who talked about constructing pipeline through part of the King Ranch. The King folks were not happy at all about the situation, and they insisted that everybody stick to the right-of-way. To insure compliance, they had one of their cowboys watch them from a distance every day, with a Winchester lever action, just to make sure they got the point.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Cool story!

My first job after college was for a pipeline company. I remember one of the old guys I worked with who talked about constructing pipeline through part of the King Ranch. The King folks were not happy at all about the situation, and they insisted that everybody stick to the right-of-way. To insure compliance, they had one of their cowboys watch them from a distance every day, with a Winchester lever action, just to make sure they got the point.
    I remember an ole woman.....Mrs. King probably.....would ride around checking things out and would randomly have oilfield vehicles searched

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any of you South Texas guys know the East family down that way?
    One of their boys (Mike) graduated in my 1962 class at St. Edward’s High School in Austin.
    About half the guys were boarding students, with many of those from South Texas down to Central America.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    One of their boys (Mike) graduated in my 1962 class at St. Edward’s High School in Austin.
    About half the guys were boarding students, with many of those from South Texas down to Central America.
    I've delivered to the Santa Fe Ranch down in Linn for a few years and it says East Cattle Company on the entrance.

Also have delivered to the San Pedro Kenedy Ranch in Sarita lots of times. I always went in at the Mifflin Pens entrance between the BP checkpoint and the rest area.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    There was a Nathan East who was an attorney in the Corpus Christi area back in the day. I might be a little off on what his first name was. I'm figuring he's probably passed on by now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom