• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    still going, woot!
    Literally stopped a war to take a smoke break ... quit a three pack a day habit of 33 years in 1991 ... best thing I could have done for my family. Keep on truck'in, it just gets easier.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In Chicago 1964, I hauled some buddies to high school every day in the 1956 Ford that my Uncle Al gave me. Boy, I thought I was hot shxt!

We stopped at the "Clark" gas station to buy gas and cigarettes both at 25 CENTS per pack/gallon!

How the heck can anyone afford either at 2017 prices?

Flash

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    I hadda laugh at the OP's story-I saw SEVERAL jarheads take up cigarettes in training just to get the "smoke 'em if ya got 'em" break...

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Congrats to the OP. I started in Boot Camp, November 1967. Smoked until Christmas 2017.

Nicotine free for 31 days. One day at a time.
    31 days smoke free. You should be proud of yourself. Also you have cleared any physical addiction. Now its a mind game.
    After years of being smoke free, my wife tells me at Dennys, when the coffee arrives, I will still sometimes pat my breast pocket looking for my cigs. Old habits die hard. Since I did it, I know you can.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    $57 bucks a week will be going toward a new Camaro SS

Excellent choice for personal reward. Hell Yeah. What paint color? There's a SS1 and a SS2 version. The later gets you console gauges, heated leather seats and some other stuff. Think of it as the deluxe version. There's no ash tray and a camaro that stinks like cig smoke should be a crime.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I hadda laugh at the OP's story-I saw SEVERAL jarheads take up cigarettes in training just to get the "smoke 'em if ya got 'em" break...
    While in the Corps, I would hang out with the smokers but never took up the habit. So, best of both worlds--I got the break and didn't get the habit. ;)

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    In the Navy of yesteryear we used to get a short break when we were deployed called "coke and smokes"... typically held in a small berthing area aboard ship

if you didn't take these breaks and were just chillin out side of that smoke filled area, some Chief would spot you and snag you up for some other chore... didn't matter if you were on break or not... get spotted and you were off on some shitty deal.

due to these "coke and smokes" I inadvertently became a smoker for the last 31 years.

I am now on my 23rd day of no cigarettes.

so, I just wanted to say....

**** YOU MARLBORO ! you don't have me by the balls anymore, and that money I was giving you...$57 bucks a week will be going toward a new Camaro SS

:spam:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Smoke and Coke

still smoke free... 753 days :thumbsup:

Top Bottom