• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGCOUNTRY01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Amarillo
    Ive got a 1994 dodge 2500 with the v10 8.0 488 im looking at maybe putting an exhaust and good sounding muffler on it. Im really wanting something that will sound really good and not like a lawn mower or a honda civic. I dont want it super loud i already have a truck that i cant drive in the city cause its exhaust is too loud. So what would you recomend?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I had the same truck and unfortunately they have a very distinct sound that mimics a a Honda civic. The only thing I didn't try with my v10 was glass packs.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you're looking for an exhaust that has that v8 rumble to it...you'll be looking for a while. The V10's have a lot different sound than the v8's. I have a v10 in my F-250 so I know. I've been holding off on an exhaust until I hear one that's nice enough.

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    Just spitballing here...if there's a flange in the exhaust before the muffler, just disconnect it and see how it sounds. If you don't like it, hook it back up, and it costs you nothing.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    The Mopar V10 is an odd-fire like the old Buick V6. It'll always sound odd because of that. I believe the Ford is an even-fire...
    Flowmaster mufflers pretty much suck!

Eli

imma_stocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    You need to change the headers to get a completely different sound. Header length determines how you hear the firing order. The rest of the exhaust just changes the tone and volume.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I had the same truck and unfortunately they have a very distinct sound that mimics a a Honda civic. The only thing I didn't try with my v10 was glass packs.

+1 you can try as hard as you want but the dodge v10 is known for its odd sounding exhaust, aftermarket or not.

Sent from my FD02 SPH-D710

Top Bottom