• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    I purchased way too much. I have a sealed case of Freedom 9mm 115gr FMJ reman. $200

Text me at 51two six 5 6 four 4 zero eight.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    If I hadn't spent $600 fixing vehicles today, I'd relieve you of your problem.

My birthday is tomorrow. No kidding. Hint.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    well since I'm not too bright, I gotta ask, how many rounds are in a case?
    Yeah...it's not like a 'brick' of 22lr and all its various amounts...A 'case' of 9mm is 1000 rounds. Could be bulk packed(unusual) or boxes of 50(more likely) or boxes of 100(less likely).
    The Freedom case Mike and I split was two 500rnd 'half cases' divided into retail-looking 50 round boxes...good to go!

Now, tennis balls are another story ;)....Back in the olden days, we referred to a 'gross' of tennis balls as a 'case'...that was: 48 cans of three balls each...144(a gross) tennis balls in one box. Along came the packaging/shipping/retailing engineers who decided a 'half'-case...24 cans was a WHOLE lot easier to handle/store/stack/display and so anyone entering the tennis 'business' after the mid-'80s would call a 'half-case' of tennis balls a 'case', since that's how they were packaged. Quite a difference when some youngster would order a dozen 'cases' of tennis balls for a tournament and get HALF what he thought or TWICE what he thought he ordered! Not at all unusual in the days of answering machines!!! to get a message from a pro saying "Hey, Rick...I need 10 cases of clay court balls for a tournament that starts TOMORROW!" Needless to say(depending on the age of the pro), a follow-up phone call was in order. ;)

I wonder if a 'pallet' of ammo is a certain round count??? A 'pallet' of 45 cal would be quite different from a 'pallet' of .380...either varying widely in weight and volume or round count(not to mention a 'pallet' of 22lr.

Did I mention the time I stopped by the pizza joint to pick up a pizza for dinner? A young lady arrived at the same time and as we approached the pizza chef who was removing our pizzas from the wood-fired brick oven, he asked the young lady if she wanted her pizza cut into 8 slices or 12. She thought for a moment and said: "Just cut it into 8...we aren't hungry enough to eat TWELVE slices of pizza!"

Last edited:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    First post. 1000 rounds (it's in the title). It's in the subject so it may not show right on mobile devices.
    yep.......sure as hell is. I'm an idiot :banghead:

Yeah...it's not like a 'brick' of 22lr and all its various amounts...A 'case' of 9mm is 1000 rounds. Could be bulk packed(unusual) or boxes of 50(more likely) or boxes of 100(less likely).
    The Freedom case Mike and I split was two 500rnd 'half cases' divided into retail-looking 50 round boxes...good to go!

Now, tennis balls are another story ;)....Back in the olden days, we referred to a 'gross' of tennis balls as a 'case'...that was: 48 cans of three balls each...144(a gross) tennis balls in one box. Along came the packaging/shipping/retailing engineers who decided a 'half'-case...24 cans was a WHOLE lot easier to handle/store/stack/display and so anyone entering the tennis 'business' after the mid-'80s would call a 'half-case' of tennis balls a 'case', since that's how they were packaged. Quite a difference when some youngster would order a dozen 'cases' of tennis balls for a tournament and get HALF what he thought or TWICE what he thought he ordered! Not at all unusual in the days of answering machines!!! to get a message from a pro saying "Hey, Rick...I need 10 cases of clay court balls for a tournament that starts TOMORROW!" Needless to say(depending on the age of the pro), a follow-up phone call was in order. ;)

I wonder if a 'pallet' of ammo is a certain round count??? A 'pallet' of 45 cal would be quite different from a 'pallet' of .380...either varying widely in weight and volume or round count(not to mention a 'pallet' of 22lr.

Did I mention the time I stopped by the pizza joint to pick up a pizza for dinner? A young lady arrived at the same time and as we approached the pizza chef who was removing our pizzas from the wood-fired brick oven, he asked the young lady if she wanted her pizza cut into 8 slices or 12. She thought for a moment and said: "Just cut it into 8...we aren't hungry enough to eat TWELVE slices of pizza!"
    HAAAAAAAA!!!! Random post of the day Bigun. That's good shituff right there :roflfunny:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Due to my work schedule, I could make it up to Austin this coming Monday or Tuesday (27th or 28th). If one of them days works for you, I am interested. Hell, we could even do lunch. Let me know Bigun......

RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    Due to my work schedule, I could make it up to Austin this coming Monday or Tuesday (27th or 28th). If one of them days works for you, I am interested. Hell, we could even do lunch. Let me know Bigun......

If it's still available Monday I'll let you know. I got burned by "holding it" for someone and he didn't show. I passed up 3-4 other opportunities to hold it for this douchebag. Hope you understand

RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    still available. surprised this is still here. ordering this from the company will cost you $230 bucks with tax and shipping. Save $30 and get it FTF today.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom