• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Shucks, I was out to check the mailbox three times already today!

Maybe I can have my Mom call them and tell the BATFE folks what a good guy I am? No, that won't work - she's still wondering why I need a machine gun.

Nice try, but really, it will feel like FOREVER, especially the 1st one.

Funny, everyone asked me the same about "needing" a MG. I just tell them ZOMBIES are everywhere ! They STOP asking when they get to shoot them. I usually take a pic of them afterward and the sh*t eating grin on their mug is the best evidence I need to say why I "need" them!

Heck, take mom out to the range and let her catch the bug !

Hope your wait is SHORT !
    Guns International

TexZaa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Cedar Park, Texas
    Ingram Mac-10

I bought an Ingram Mac-10 (45acp) made in Powder Springs, Georgia way back in 1982 and had it for 25 years before I sold it. At the time they were $330. The best part about owning an FA Mac-10 is certainly not its accuracy. Being a slam-fire weapon, as one writer said many years ago, "it is more suited to having a firefight in a phone booth". This is true. Having said that, I would not want to be in the same building where an experienced machinegunner was out to get you with one. It spews out an awful lot of huge bullets very quickly. During those days I used to tell people that if you hold the trigger back it's empty before you can say "four dollars". That's a laugh today. You'd have to say "Thirty Dollars".

The absolute best part of owning a FA Mac-10 is what the previous poster point out: People do get a smile on their face after shooting one. I was in an indoor range with several police officers, one of whom I could not recall ever having seen smile. I knew I had to let him go first. He needed some joy in his life. After ripping off a magazine, he let out the loudest Jed Clampitt "yaa hoo" I've ever heard. He grinned ear to ear for at least 42 seconds (a record for him). Witnessing that certainly was worth my $330 plus $200 tax stamp.

I sold that old Mac a couple of years ago. It just got too expensive to feed. It is now in younger and richer hands. I'm happy for it.

Notice the reddish color of the lower receiver? This is what happens when you get it reblued by a gunsmith in training. Since I couldnt leave it off with him, I had to be there during the entire rebluing process. It looked great for week...then it turned red. Never gave me any problems as long as I kept it well-oiled.

Ingram.jpg

Top Bottom