• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    Bought 07 Dec, stamp came in 08 Jul, couldn't get to the range until last Friday.

1st mag was Gen5 G19, AAC threaded barrel, Blazer Brass 124 gr and Speer Lawman 147 gr. Somewhere along the way (in the Blazer section I think) I had an endcap strike. Now waiting to hear back from Rugged on their warranty assistance.

I haven't gotten much help so far on what might have happened. I contacted them only about 20 minutes before close on Friday. (Doggone covid messing with hours of operation at the range. Makes it hard to get in there!) They claim unconditional lifetime warranty, even if it falls off a mountain. We shall see I guess.

On one of the rounds fired I thought I heard a ricochet but now I wonder if it was when the strike occurred. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I had a rag to handle the can while hot, to snug it and such. It seemed to stay tight. I did not see it loosen at all. It was very snug when I checked it.

Recoil felt different. No muzzle rise, the whole of it seemed to go straight back into my hands and arms. The quiet part was not so easily judged on a busy firing line, but it was unique enough a sound in there that it drew the notice of a couple of other shooters.

After a total of 22 rounds I took it off to try another host and that was when I saw the damage to the endcap.

MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    Well, they sent me an email at 8am yesterday to fill out an online form about the details. I didn't get to it until last night because I don't work at a computer all day. Any slowness of this process is probably going to be due to me I suspect.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I know nothing about silencers but would the fact that blazer brass is plated and not fmj make a difference?

MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    I sent in pics of the completely disassembled device last night and this morning I got a response. They are sending a new end cap, and if that does not fix things I'll have to send in the whole thing for evaluation.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I took a tour of their shop and met a couple of the staff a few years back. They are solid folks and truly offer a no b.s. warranty. I personally own a couple rugged cans and 2 shot glasses made by them. In my top 3 recommended manufactures.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A good friend of mine is the Texas Rep for Rugged.....any problems, let me know via PM.........

Great folks, great products and they pride themselves on great service.......

One of my customers had an end cap strike on Obsidian .45 can.........the replaced the cap. Customer found he had to check the suppressor occasionally to make sure it stayed tight to the barrel....no problems since....

MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    They evaluated the baffles through photos.

The can never seemed to unscrew at all. Even after the strike and at the end of the magazine it was very snug. (Not sure which round exactly got it)

According to the package tracking I should have the new end cap Monday. The only reason it wasn't any faster was because I do not work at a computer all day long and can only reply to them in the evenings.

Top Bottom