TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    After Action review:

My thoughts while they are fresh:

The Good:
    The first aid supplies and briefing were great, what we need to do with every meet. (Although a scripted safety briefing would help)
    The sign in and name tags worked really well.
    The range we used was nice and worked well for the group (although I heard there were some pricing issues)
    Radios- Msage brought them out, they worked really well, and was a great idea.

The bad:
    Weather and time wise we got in a bit of a crunch-nothing to really correct here but it caused some issues.
    Other than delays due to weather and such form support staff arriving I cannot think of anything else that was overly negative or needed improvement.
    Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The good:

• I liked the morning brief. Agree that it should be scripted (to a point) because it could get off topic too easily. Need to streamline it a bit.
    • The group was pretty easy to work with, not a big surprise there.
    • Not a bad location to pull a lot of shooters and very good facility.

The bad:

• Superbowl Sunday. It wasn't that bad, but I think we could have netted more people. It worked out well that it wasn't insanely huge, since this was our first "big" event, and there are going to be teething issues.
    • Weather. Beyond our control, so no need to stress about it.
    • Coordination/pacing. Again, needs streamlining.

Some thoughts to improve things:
    • Two bays was good, but we'd have been better off with one bay "social" and the other for contests.
    • Got to start on time. I showed up late... Start time might have been a little early given how BOTW is the middle of nowhere.
    • A little better pre-planning, IMO. I don't think we entirely knew what to expect and how to run, but next time we should be more ready. The material side was handled and then some. It was the flow of shooting that was suffering.
    On that last note, make sure you check Travis' watch at some point in the day to make sure it's working. :p

Texaslady1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Thank you for working the even yesterday we couldn't have done it with out yall ..... next event we would like to get more help so that we can rotate the ROS and Cooks so that yall can shoot and enjoy the contest as well

Texas1911 would like to have a range day just for the workers of the event out at Lone star range and Eat in lock hart (we will cover the range fee). Sunday Feb 26!!!!

10:00 am

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One thing I remembered. We should probably tone the language down for briefs and announcements. I see more families showing up.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    The Good:
    BOTW is a very nice range, it was nice not being bunched up.
    The set up and serving of the lunch was efficient enough.
    The first aid briefing was good as it set a course of action if something were to happen.

The Bad:
    Some of the inexperienced shooters were winging it. Some did get guidance, some did not. Perhaps we could request the new shooters join a few of us for a very basic firearm familiarization before getting them on the firing line.
    Bad choice of days. Yeah as stated above, competing against the super bowl most likely lowered attendance.

I will pass on the chainsaw. They can hurt you on either end.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good idea on the familiarization. Tactial Immersion did offer free basic lessons, but I didn't see anybody taking them up on it...

Texaslady1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    me and texas1911 are down if yall want to still go sorry about not getting back sooner it has been a crazy busy week /weekend for us already but we are ok moving it to another weekend as well just let us know

Top Bottom