• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=313748

Read through this thread. Here are people telling horror stories about their experiences posting their firearm /w serial visible on the internet. Whether those are true or not, it's up to you to decide. But personally, covering up or simply blanking out the serial number on firearm picture will only cost you a few seconds of your time whereas if any of those horror stories are true, it'll cost you a bit more. I'm not gonna try to convince anyone to do anything different, I'm just giving my 2 cents on why you should always hide your serial number in a picture of your gun.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I prefer to just tattoo a bar code on the buyers forehead while at the bank getting it along with a photo notarized.

Then I store it in my brinks truck with all my firearms parked in my underground bunker with 3ft reinforced lead coated cement surrounded by 4 trained attack dobermans and my attack cat.

I would go farther but don't want to compromise my security.

Bill of sale, copy of the other guy's driver license and/or LTC? It's important to document your individual sales.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just don't see how a person could claim a theft with just a serial number and no other proof of ever touching the firearm.
    They can claim whatever they want; doesn't mean it will hold up to an investigation. People make false claims all the time just to harass the other person, but the risk of that is pretty low and I'm not worried about it personally.

Top Bottom