Guns International

2 gunshows in one weekend...what to do? Well, we went to both!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BestCrispAir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Dallas
    This weekend was a busy one for us. We had a boat show on Friday, the Mesquite Big Town gun show on Saturday, and finally, the Lewisville show on Superbowl Sunday.

The Mesquite show was pretty dead compared to the Lewisville show. We were told by most of the vendors at Lewisville that the show attendance was even greater on Saturday, which is nice to hear of a show being packed.
    I did not like the weekend being split up like that because it feels like no one really wins, if you want to compare prices, see certain vendors, or get certain merchandise, you either have to see both shows, or take a chance that the person/vendor/product is at the show you choose to attend.
    I have been to a couple of the Mesquite shows, and I have to admit, the Lewisville show was nicer.
    We also go to the Fort Worth Shows, and we are planning on going to the big Tulsa show as well.
    What are your thoughts on split show weekends where there is more than one show during a weekend?
    Venture Surplus ad

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    The one in Lewisville is pretty new.I believe this weekend was their second. I went to the one before this weekend's and it was crowded too,nice crowd.
    Been to the one in Big Town a lot.Don't really have any complaints about it.

I would have thought there were enough gun show fans in North Texas to more than support two shows in the same weekend in the DFW area.

Maybe it's just because Lewisville is so new,if I had to chose between the 2 on a single day,I'd go to Lewisville for now.

Top Bottom