• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    New to me anyway. Since there have been a few very cool things popping up on this forum lately I thought I'd share. About a year ago I sold my 870 Remington and I had been looking around for something to replace it with. 3 or so months ago I ended up buying these two shotguns as replacements. On is a Stevens 520A produced for the US military between 1942 and 1945. The other is a High Standard K1200 that a previous owner attached a Stevens 77E heat shield onto. It takes an M5 bayonet.
    DK Firearms

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Nice. Beautiful guns. I kinda get a woody when I see pics of well used and maintained guns like that.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    First one looks like an Auto 5 had the firearms version of a gender swap.

I like.

I did an epic fail on getting my FIL's auto 5. He had an original Browning one that he lent to me for a while. It was for me a point and click shotgun for dropping doves. OK - I'll try to stop crying.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I did an epic fail on getting my FIL's auto 5. He had an original Browning one that he lent to me for a while. It was for me a point and click shotgun for dropping doves. OK - I'll try to stop crying.

Well damn.

I was in a gun shop up near Humble a few weeks ago.

Saw an A5 on the wall labeled "Auto 5". Def wasn't one of those new ones, it was old. Didn't mention it being a remington model 11 either. $600 IIRC, I can only assume by the tag that it was Belgian and not a model 11, as I'd assume they'd list it as such otherwise. I regret not asking to see it but the gun counter guys looked like they couldn't be bothered. Then again, I wasn't looking to buy anything either in their defense.

If only I had 6 bills to drop spontaneously.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Well damn.

I was in a gun shop up near Humble a few weeks ago.

Saw an A5 on the wall labeled "Auto 5". Def wasn't one of those new ones, it was old. Didn't mention it being a remington model 11 either. $600 IIRC, I can only assume by the tag that it was Belgian and not a model 11, as I'd assume they'd list it as such otherwise. I regret not asking to see it but the gun counter guys looked like they couldn't be bothered. Then again, I wasn't looking to buy anything either in their defense.

If only I had 6 bills to drop spontaneously.

Interesting history of the Remington Model 11 (in case you didn't know): When JMB designed the Auto 5, he first took it to Remington. His meeting with their head guy, scheduled for just after lunch that day, was cancelled because the head guy died during the lunch break (JMB was in their offices waiting for the guy to show up). JMB then took the design overseas to FN. FN bought it, and agreed, out of respect for Remington's lost chance, not to export to the US. After some time, JMB went back to Remington...thus was born the Model 11.

Sorry for the thread jack, Mike.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Interesting history of the Remington Model 11 (in case you didn't know): When JMB designed the Auto 5, he first took it to Remington. His meeting with their head guy, scheduled for just after lunch that day, was cancelled because the head guy died during the lunch break (JMB was in their offices waiting for the guy to show up). JMB then took the design overseas to FN. FN bought it, and agreed, out of respect for Remington's lost chance, not to export to the US. After some time, JMB went back to Remington...thus was born the Model 11.

Sorry for the thread jack, Mike.

That dude almost literally invented every cool gun ever.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    JM Browning offered the Auto 5 to Winchester first but wanted a percentage instead of a 'one-time-payment' like previous agreements. Winchester declined so he went to Remington and the rest is history.

I like both my Auto 5 and my Rem 11. Most parts are NOT interchangeable (Metric/Standard Inch).

Those are some good looking Stevens and High Standards. I need to browse the internet sites for some of those!!!!!

Thanks for the pics.

bob

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    JM Browning offered the Auto 5 to Winchester first but wanted a percentage instead of a 'one-time-payment' like previous agreements. Winchester declined so he went to Remington and the rest is history.

I like both my Auto 5 and my Rem 11. Most parts are NOT interchangeable (Metric/Standard Inch).

Those are some good looking Stevens and High Standards. I need to browse the internet sites for some of those!!!!!

Thanks for the pics.

bob

Didn't know about the Winchester part...thanks!!

Top Bottom