• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've had a bit shooting problem because my left eye is either dominant or very close to being so.

Hey, I heard of a product on Tom Greshlan's podcast. I won't post the product here, I don't know if that would be Kosher to the moderators. I can PM you if you want. (assuming that is OK with the people.)

Basically it was a plastic decal you can place on your shooting glasses that make that area fuzzy. They are little plastic things that stay by static electricity (I think). No glue or anything. The package comes with a dozen or so different collored, penny sized decals.

Took a few shots getting used to, but it really helped. I wasn't fighting my left eye to look down the site with my right eye. You can keep your left eye open, which just feels better to me.

Anyway, they helped me. I'm glad I got them.
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's a static sticker? It doesn't hold on by static electricity, it's "static" in that it doesn't use adhesive, just like the stickers that most shops will put on your window so you can ignore it and change your oil a few thousand miles after it's due. :p

Feel free to post the link.

BTW, I have a free fix for you: Take a piece of scrap paper and slide it between your shooting glasses and your weak-side eye. Viola - instant eye patch. No stickers to buy, nothing.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Or just use regular clear tape. That stuff doesn't really leave any residue after you remove it and it gets the job done. It's helped me a lot to where I can switch which eye I'm aiming with a lot easier.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Chapstick works well too. Cleans up nice and easy. Been doing that for years with shooter's in your situation. Just a dab on the lens in front of the eye to obscure it but to allow the peripheral vision to remain.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Why would you obscure your vision when you are shooting? It doesn't seem like it'd be a good habit to get used to shooting with your non-dominant eye when you won't have that luxury in a self-defense situation.

I'm left-eye dominant and have never had a problem with it. Maybe I'm that 10% ... who knows.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I believe they are actually marketed for skeet shooters.

Magic Eye Dots.

I think I'll run to you guys before I trust Tom Greshlan again with my money.

I can shoot pretty well without em. It just takes some of the strain away. Made me feel better at least.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    We did so exclusively for clay target games. I've never taught pistol shooting. I think I'd likely be learning to shoot wrong-handed with pistols if I had that problem.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom