Join TexasGunTalk

20 year old sues Dicks and Walmart

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by MuscleCarMan, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This forum is open to the public as well.

You just said its age based discrimination. I haven't dissagreed with that. But it's not more a 2A infringment than the stores that don't allow concealed carry. You simply go somewhere else.

He has no right to buy a gun from them. They could stop selling guns altogether and it wouldn't be an infringment on his 2a right would it? If their choice to sell no guns wouldn't be an infringment then their choice not to sell 1 gun isn't either. It's simply discrimination which is illegal according to our current system which doesn't believe business owners have the right to choose who they refuse service to and for which reasons.

Not a 2A case.

Big Dipper likes this.
  2. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known

Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    “No shirt, no shoes, no service” is also discriminatory.

Topless and shoeless are not protected groups, and can therefore be freely discriminated against by any business or person.

If there is an Oregon law that puts 20 year olds into a protected group, he might have a chance. I do not believe that there are any Federal laws that do that.

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did it with our 18 year old daughter and 19 year old son at Pete’s Piano Bar on 6th In Austin. This was 2012.

Men drank Shiner, women drank fruity cocktails. Kids got carded, I showed my ID and we were good to go.

4. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    And that is what they should have done then, stop selling guns altogether. IF you sell firearms then it should be available to every customer that meets the standard to purchase it by law. Because the "product" is in essence a constitutionally protected item then yeah it IS a 2A issue.

This forum is open to membership here but what we post IS approved by moderators. You clicked on the terms and policies when you registered here. The only speech allowed here is what moderators and the owner allows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce likes this.
  5. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And why shouldn't the only sales at a store be what the owners allow, considering that upon entrance you agree to the policies of said store?

And to be clear, I'm not debating the legality of the denial as the law in that state obviously says you may not discriminate based on age. I'm simply discussing the deeper philosophy on which our differing opinions are based. Nor am I saying that I agree with the policies. I hope to have this discussion in a civil manner.

6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Man, somebody must have poured oil on this slope...

7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
  8. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hopefully the governor has enough sense to veto that crap.

9. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    boooooo... I want to hear stories of Nose Nellies getting their panties twisted over it.

10. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Seems like the Florida news article equates the phrases "gun possession" and "gun sales". Is that what's being proposed - not that an 18 yo can't buy a gun but that he can't possess one??