• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The stamp prices can't be raised without Congress passing a law and osama signing it.

The $200 and $5 rates are directly spelled out in the revenue code (USC Title 26 Sec 5811). They can't use an underhanded regulation change to increase the tax.

Unless they plan on bypassing Congress, usurping the power to tax without representation, and starting a shooting civil war.

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Meh, you get what you pay for in this game for the most part. Not a big fan of direct threads for ARs and definitely not a 26 ounce can. My titanium yhm is big enough as it is and weighs a lot less and I still would want smaller and lighter for a dedicated ar 223 can.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Meh, you get what you pay for in this game for the most part. Not a big fan of direct threads for ARs and definitely not a 26 ounce can. My titanium yhm is big enough as it is and weighs a lot less and I still would want smaller and lighter for a dedicated ar 223 can.

The can hasn't been tested yet, so give it a chance. If it works well, then its an awesome starter can for someone on a budget.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    If I'm going through the paperwork and the wait times, I want proven reliability, even if it is five times the price

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The can hasn't been tested yet, so give it a chance. If it works well, then its an awesome starter can for someone on a budget.

If you want cheap and proven get a huntertown arms, its smaller, lighter and only a hundredish bucks more. When youre waiting 10+ months for something AND paying 200 bucks for the stamp as well as basically being stuck with it, Ill go with quality. Ill use a company that I know will be around to service it should I have any problems. If we lived in a country where you could walk up to the counter in academy and buy one it might be different but that can is WAY too heavy and big to be useful on an AR like theyre saying. Weight is the number one annoyance about cans unless youre solely bench shooting, and even at that youre talking more POI change and its heavy than large bore cans for Christ sake. For 4-500 bucks you can get some pretty decent 5.56 cans. Yeah theyre over double the price of this one but really whats an extra 200 bucks over a year timeframe and when youre already paying another 200 on top of that? Nothing is cheap or quick in the NFA world, and youre pretty much married to what you buy for eternity so make it count. Just my opinion.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    whats an extra 200 bucks over a year timeframe

The heavy can notwithstanding, I don't get your logic. You pay for the can all at once, not over a year's time, so what do you mean by ""200 bucks over a year"?

And the bit about "already paying another $200 on top of that"....what? What's another $200 here or there....yeah, money grows on trees so why the hell not. LOL

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The heavy can notwithstanding, I don't get your logic. You pay for the can all at once, not over a year's time, so what do you mean by ""200 bucks over a year"?

And the bit about "already paying another $200 on top of that"....what? What's another $200 here or there....yeah, money grows on trees so why the hell not. LOL
    Id put the aadditional moneh on a credit card before buying an inferior product that for all intents and purposes am going to be stuck with the rest of my life. If 200 bucks is that hard to come by you probably shouldnt be buying a can to begin with. Money doesnt grow on trees for me either but if there ever was a time and place for the old "buy once, cry once" adage it would be with nfa items. Theyre basically worthless once bought by the time you sell it for a cheap enough price to provide incentive for someone to oay all the transfer fees. Different strokes for different folks but I'll buy from a reputable company thats going to be around should I have problems and know that what I bought is a good product.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Id put the aadditional moneh on a credit card before buying an inferior product that for all intents and purposes am going to be stuck with the rest of my life. If 200 bucks is that hard to come by you probably shouldnt be buying a can to begin with. Money doesnt grow on trees for me either but if there ever was a time and place for the old "buy once, cry once" adage it would be with nfa items. Theyre basically worthless once bought by the time you sell it for a cheap enough price to provide incentive for someone to oay all the transfer fees. Different strokes for different folks but I'll buy from a reputable company thats going to be around should I have problems and know that what I bought is a good product.

What makes it "inferior"? It hasn't even been tested yet, quit bashing it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Its giant and a boat anchor. Dont need testing to see that. Its also a direct thread so on an AR youre asking for a baffle strike with even moderate use. The teflon tape trick only goes so far. How is it bashing if I'm speaking from personal experience on what does and doesnt work? If he was amrketing it as a cheap bolt gun can ok but for an AR everything about it is wrong except the price.

Top Bottom