• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    What do you like most about the forum? Texas information

What are two things you would change about the forum?

Why do you visit the forum? Texas information

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it? yes

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you? I like the gun information, but after the death of you know what I have been visiting less. I mainly use it to find info related to Texas and guns.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?
    Texas SOT

supercomp9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    What do you like most about the forum?
    I like that it is Texas Based, find out things about other places that have
    what I am interested in, ie: places to shoot, CCL classes, the knowledge of others
    that are out there that are willing to help (been there done that).

do not have a major thought of what I would change..

Why do you visit the forum?
    to read up on the news from other places, finding out the ins and outs to owning
    a SBR and or suppressor the legal way, plus to find out how this pistol shot, or
    help some one out with something that I have done, or that I might need to do.

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?
    Yes

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.
    No but then again I am in the middle of nowhere, hour south of wichita falls and 2 hours east of DFW

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?
    yes is it up to date on the current events of the nation, and state.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?
    I would like to see more of everything , Range reports, places to shoot, from the 4H to the local boys shootin bench, to the area competitions, idpa, uspsa, ipsc, sass, bullseye, when, where and how to do it...

[/quote]
    I am sure that that is several other things that I could think of.
    but I will stop right here.

knayewesttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    stories of experiences while carrying or keeping handguns at the house.

Having to post so much in order to see certain threads.

to stay up to date

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?
    Yes

Haven't looked.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?
    It's great.

More reviews and more new threads. More members are always great.

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Here's my feedback:

Add in a Curio and Relics section. Break down handguns into revolvers, semi-automatics and other.

The intelligent postings. The Texas locality of most, if not all, members makes it a more close-knit community.

I enjoy the atmosphere of the forum.

A meet was set up for Corpus Christi for April, thanks.

Honestly, I have to say that the forum mostly seems like other gun/firearm forums out there. The most unique thing, however, is that it is much more fun to be here...I can't explain it...maybe the culture here is nicer...

Some more reviews would be nice, especially of newer handguns and semi-automatic EBR's (evil black rifles).

Gonyea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    MCB Quantico
    The Forum is great and full of knowledeable individuals. The only thing I would like to see are more reviews tests of firearms old and new!

Wyattearp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    San Antonio
    Reply to RFI

I like that it's TX based. You encourage membership in the TSRA and don't appear to be heavy-handed by any stretch. i don't see anything that needs changing.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    +1 on the pics. I tried to post two different pics, but the first had to be deleted before the second could be posted. These were the first two pics I have posted here so I do not understand why my allotment was full. I could not finid a way to delete the extraneous stuff on my "list".

I would like to see where everyone is located. At least a region. Texas is big (duh y'all know that), but some things in Deep East Texas do not interest me from Central Texas (and vice versa, I'm sure)

Broncrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Parker County
    I have only been on this forum for a short time. However I have read alot of good threads and learned quite a bit on certain laws. I woud like to see a forum with ranges and members locations, kind of like a buddy finder. I think some new members that are new to the gun world would be able to connect with someone to help with advice, maybe even get out to the range together for some friendly help.

Broncrider

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The knowledge base that the forum provides. The fact this is a Texas based forum dealing with the issues and problems of Texas gun owners.
    At the moment I can think of nothing to change
    Information, a good laugh, to possibly aid someone less knowledgeable, enjoy the common interest in the shooting sport
    Very much. At the moment I would change nothing. I like it better then other forums I'm a member of. People are just more active on this form than some of the others I'm on.

It unique because it Texas based and related.
    More meets and reviews.

P.S. Alan you guys rock!!!!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Excellent board overall,interesting people,as a senior citizen who has been in the shooting sport 55 year I still enjoy reading and learning about other fellow gun owners.

One thing I've witnessed on other boards is that some discussions become heated and the moderators become heavy handed to control speech and in my opinion once opinions or speech is controlled then people become less open.

I really enjoy reading reviews on guns (any type) and optics. Before I buy I always read a large amount of reviews.

Oh yeah, the little "read this" does not offend me in the least adds a touch of mystery to my life.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Local interest and happenings plus the obvious amount of knowledge available as a resource.

"Gun store commando" mentality and flavor of some of the postings are annoying. If I want to get the wanna be operator or mall ninja perspective, I'll go to glock talk

It's a gun forum. Having a sponsor that is not gun related hawking his wares is hypocritical when threads are locked or deleted for being off topic.

Used to be for the classifieds, now TGT is my last stop while browsing the net and it's just a quick look in.

Yes, with the exceptions noted above.

Yes

A good resource, nothing to make it stand out other than being directed towards Texas.

Local/Regional division of events, interest. This is a big state, so while some things are interesting in theory, the reality of attending or taking part is limited.

Joat

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    What do you like most about the forum? The diversity of knowledge and how easily it is shared especially among we Texans.

What are two things you would change about the forum? Everyone has the right to their opinion, but sometimes those opinions lead the original post content off track and I would like the administrators to intervene at an earlier stage.

Why do you visit the forum? I enjoy participating in informational conversation with those of like minds. Feels like coming home after a long trip somewhere

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it? I personally think it is fine.

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area. No but I live in a small community about half way between Houston & San Antonio and can attend meets there.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you? I like the way it feels, and I enjoy spending time here, reading, participating and learning. Alan, I think you have a good thing here.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc? Reviews are nice but subjective in most incidents. Meets around the state would be nice. I think there is plenty of unique content.

Thanks,
    Alan[/quote]

Howie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    That being said:

What do you like most about the forum? Everything

What are two things you would change about the forum? Match updates (in particular 3 gun), Maybe something for new gun reviews and such.

Why do you visit the forum? Great variety of topics.

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it? I really enjoy all of it.

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area. Not sure. Would like to see one in Humble/Kingwood area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you? Great place for Gun owners to meet and talk shop.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc? Mentioned above.

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    That being said:
    Thanks,
    Alan

The fact that it is specific to Texas, The moderators are knowledgable and, like most of the gun forums I frequent, always willing to help.

Can't think of any

I'm still a fairly new gun owner and CHL carrier. I am always looking for information on different types/kinds of guns. I also enjoy the banter and talk that goes on. Cheap entertainment.

As stated above, except for the occaisional 'flame up' , I find this site most enjoyable

You have one for Dallas, and I am going to try hard to be there, but Sundays are not always good for me because of church, family etc..

I realize there's only so much you can do to be unique; a forum board is just that, a forum. It's the people (admins, moderators and members/guests) that make it truely unique. There's not a lot you can do with the members, but you have done very well with the admins and moderators.

Hardware reviews would be good. Dis/assembly procedures, maybe on video, and, of course, classifieds are great, but time and bandwidth consuming. There are 3 or 4 boards that I visit often and this one is at the top of the list.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seem to be a minority here (or a minority among those who replied)... but I am already a member of several gun forums. They all follow some evolution from being a small friendly board to a large regulated forum. The big thing for me on this one was it's local, which makes that "worn out topic" more attractive since every one is sort of local. Or at least within a comfortable drive.

lodwick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    CenTex
    Too new to comment, but when I first joined I was surprised to learn that trading, selling, or otherwise exchanging weapons was a no-no.

Keep up the good work.

FM-793

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    SW Houston - Westbury

Local feel, plenty of friendly, experienced members.

Not much

I like guns and reloading, it's fun to swap ideas and opinions.

Yes. The atmosphere comes primarily from the membership, not sure what you could do to change it.

Don't know - I'll keep an eye out - SW Houston/Meyerland/Reliant area

Yes, again, we have more of a local and regional feel here. I like that.

Reviews, meets, product reviews, workshops.

Top Bottom