• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Wanted to get some more feedback from you guys and gals. I apologize for the force read, but it's the only proven method for feedback. Without feedback I cannot improve the forum.

Please refrain from discussing the classifieds. It's a worn out topic for me, and it was not my favorite decision either.

Please answer honestly. You can also PM me the answers if you feel so inclined, or you can email them to me.

That being said:

What do you like most about the forum?

What are two things you would change about the forum?

Why do you visit the forum?

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?

Thanks,
    Alan

I just recently really got into guns, so this site has helped a lot with my new hobby. I don't even live in Texas, but I enjoy the forum. I really like the wealth of information on this forum, its kind of like a Walmart, you can find pretty much everything you need in one location.

Can't really think of anything to change on the forum. Seems pretty well ran to me with great sponsors.

I visit the forum for finding out new information for guns and also asisting with answering questions that I feel that I can correctly answer (which right now isn't very many).

The atmosphere of the forum seems pretty good. Haven't had any issues with anyone here. Everyone on here seems really helpful.

There has never been a meet setup in my area, and I doubt there ever will be due to the fact that I live in Idaho.

Overall interpretation of the forum seems pretty well. I think its a great place for all pro-gun people to be hanging out in times like this. Not only can we share our range outings with eachother, but with everyone's combined knowledge here we can help eachother with gun issues.

I would like to see more reviews, not just on guns, also on equipment such as reloading presses, ammunition, etc.

I haven't been a member for very long, but in the time I have been a member I've had a lot of questions answered for me just from searching the threads.

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    That being said:

What do you like most about the forum? All us gun nuts can chat about guns in a CIVILIZED manner.

What are two things you would change about the forum? Add more categories of weapons.... you have general, handguns, rifles, etc. Can we add things like revolvers, auto-rifles, bolt/hunting rifles, antique weapons?

Why do you visit the forum? Chat with others about guns - can't do that on a sew forum!

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it? Generally enjoy the atmosphere because most people are from Texas - we are not dealing with the issues (or different priorities) of California or Washington state.

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area. In DFW area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you? Other gun forums I chat in are national or international. This one is just for Texas so it feels more "home" or neighbor based.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc? Thats driven by those that chat here.... they actually start the topics which get discussed. If its a topic that alot of people like, then it gets talked about alot. If most people are not interested in it, then it dies. If it gets old or too long, then it dies. What do we want to see more of? Go back and look over the longest threads - that will tell you what the members chat about.

lilricky2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    S.E. Houston
    What do I like about the forum?
    This is a place where fellow Texans can discuss guns.

The atmosphere?
    Seems stifled for some reason. Kind of like a bunch of folks at a party that never met. Something I've never encountered on other boards.

Dislikes?
    I joined primarily to horse trade with similar gun nuts near me, but it's clear how well that topic will be received.

What would I add or change?
    I would try to attract some big time experts in firearm related fields. The 1911 type forums have a number of the great pistol smiths posting. The AK and Black rifle forums have a number of professionals posting and giving advice on everything related to their respective field.

Rick

JasonSands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    1. I just like the decent people. I'm a newb to handguns and I really like all the information that I recieve.

2. I wouldn't change a think.

3. I mainly visit to kill time at w*rk. To learn as much as I can from the members.

4. Atmosphere is good.

5. New to the forum. I would love to see a meet in the general Houston or near surrounding area.

6. Unique in the fact that all of us TEXANS are a rare bread. Plus, have you ever noticed that TEXAS is self sufficient. God Bless Texas!

7. I personally would like to see more reviews.

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    I came to this forum because I wanted to be able to talk with (and possibly even meet) fellow Texan gun enthusiasts. I belong to other forums but everyone is scattered all over the U.S. and world. I enjoy collecting military surplus guns and discussing them and finding out about their history. I am not an expert by any means but I enjoy the learning and discussion.

I am not a big fan of discussing politics, I have my views and I know I won't alter from them and I don't like being badgered by others who think their view is superior or better. Because I know I won't change mine.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    I have only been on this forum for a short time. However I have read alot of good threads and learned quite a bit on certain laws. I woud like to see a forum with ranges and members locations, kind of like a buddy finder. I think some new members that are new to the gun world would be able to connect with someone to help with advice, maybe even get out to the range together for some friendly help.

Broncrider

Hey Broncrider, I like this ideal a lot.
    I second this one. Is there a way to set this up with our profiles, and then we users would be able to do a search for others near us with a mile range and have our profiles set "Yes or No" to meeting others kind of thing.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    What do you like most about the forum?

That I can make contacts with decent, like-minded folks across the state.

What are two things you would change about the forum?

Needs catering and a valet. Aside from that, its tough to say.

Why do you visit the forum?

I enjoy the opportunity to socialize here. Met some good folks online which turned to good offline contacts in the gun community.

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?

The mix of personalities is good, kinda like salsa. We're not all up, nor all we all down at the same time. The pot of people makes for a tastey balance.

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

Yeah. Even with us relocating at this particular time, we're still going to be able to make a meet. As I mentioned in a message, these meets we have scheduled thus far are only our firsts, they won't be our last. Every good thing starts somewhere. Texas is a big place and the forum is growing. It's hard to please everyone at the same time but so long as we do the best for honest input and consider options for future events, I think things wil be successful.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?

It has a comfortable feel to me. It would be hard at this time for any forum or website to have a unique or fresh feel. Been on the interweb since '97.

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?

The aspect of the site that I see growing and am encouraged by is the sponsorship by other firearm-related businesses. Members have an accessible vendor; the forum has a supporter. From there it is a matter of the businesses fostering good relations through good products and customer service. Taking care of our own is important.

Top Bottom